MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Classifieds > Want to buy

Old 09-18-2011   #1
DSMINMN
Mitsus for days!

Drives: '08 Chrysler 300C
Send a message via MSN to DSMINMN Send a message via Yahoo to DSMINMN Send a message via Skype™ to DSMINMN
Winter wheels and tires..

Since the original person I had PLANNED to buy a set of rims and tires from sold them out from under me, I am forced to turn to the rest of 'Style.

I am in search of some rims that have good tires on them. I would like them to have no less than 80% tread left. I'm not looking for nice rims...just something that will fit my '95 TSi AWD, and work well for this winter.

I really don't have a budget to spend more than $150...but I guess I can make $200 happen (somehow).

Thanks.
DSMINMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011   #2
DSMINMN
Mitsus for days!

Send a message via MSN to DSMINMN Send a message via Yahoo to DSMINMN Send a message via Skype™ to DSMINMN
Re: Winter wheels and tires..

Can this please be moved to the "Wanted to buy" section? Thank you.
Old 09-18-2011   #3
Goat Blower
aka Goodbye

Asteroids Champion! Beach Squirter Champion!
Drives: Taylor Made R15

First person that shows up with cash gets the deal, everybody knows that holding items with no money down and no real commitment is dumb. Sorry you're not happy with it, but you could've come and got them first, it's not my responsibility to deliver them to you. Good luck in your search.
2017 GMC Yukon-Current winter hooptie

Goat Blower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011   #4
DSMINMN
Mitsus for days!

Exclamation Re: Winter wheels and tires..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Blower View Post
First person that shows up with cash gets the deal, everybody knows that holding items with no money down and no real commitment is dumb. Sorry you're not happy with it, but you could've come and got them first, it's not my responsibility to deliver them to you. Good luck in your search.
That is purely an opinion and not true at all. I offered to come get them but you never got back to me. I was LITERLY checking back every 5 minutes to see if you had replied, so I could head out. Never once did I recieve any kind of reply on whether or not it would work for me to come get them. That part was not my fault. I made all the effort possible (on my end).

As far as commitment goes; I expressed how badly I needed them. lol If you could not understand that, then that is beyond my control.

Also, where does this "deliver" subject come into play? I never once suggested anyone deliver anything to me. I live in Wadena, MN. Look it up. It is a good three to four hour drive to where ever you are. I never suggested you come to me, I asked if it would work for you to meet me less than halfway (for me).

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to sort a few things out for you.

Last edited by DSMINMN; 09-18-2011 at 11:05 PM..
Old 09-19-2011   #5
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g

Did u see my ad?
Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309
turbotalon1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011   #6
DSMINMN
Mitsus for days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotalon1g View Post
Did u see my ad?
The 4 swirlies with 3 good tires of the same size, then one bad tire of a different size? Until just now, no I did not.

Would you be willing to come down on price considering I will get to pay for one new tire?
Old 09-20-2011   #7
90AWDTSi

Drives: 90 Talon TSi

Not to rub salt in the wound... In Goat Blowers defense, he did the right thing. He was in contact immediately/constantly and we LITERALLY drove over and bought them. In the future, you should be prepared to drop everything if its something you really want and you should NOT expect the seller to understand or even care about your situation or location.
90AWDTSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011   #8
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g

Yes I will.
Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309
turbotalon1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011   #9
DSMINMN
Mitsus for days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90AWDTSi View Post
Not to rub salt in the wound... In Goat Blowers defense, he did the right thing. He was in contact immediately/constantly and we LITERALLY drove over and bought them. In the future, you should be prepared to drop everything if its something you really want and you should NOT expect the seller to understand or even care about your situation or location.
On the contrary sir; I kept in tried to keep in contact with him, but he didn't reply to me after I asked if it would work for me, to come get them from him. And of course you would believe he did the right thing! You're the one who got the wheels/tires. It does not matter to you; you got what you wanted.

Sir, I do not need to be "prepared" to drop everything next time, when THIS time I did drop everything. It was because of the other person I did not work out. These were also needs, not wants. I need them to get to school and work. I will let you believe what you want, but in all reality; the person who needs them....needs them.

Also, since you did so much assuming in your post, I am going to make an educated guess in saying; you probably make more money than me too. So you could have gotten' more expensive tires but instead, you decided to be cheap and get these. Please excuse my terrible grammar as well.
Old 09-20-2011   #10
DSMINMN
Mitsus for days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMINMN View Post
On the contrary sir; I kept in tried to keep in contact with him, but he didn't reply to me after I asked if it would work for me, to come get them from him. And of course you would believe he did the right thing! You're the one who got the wheels/tires. It does not matter to you; you got what you wanted.

Sir, I do not need to be "prepared" to drop everything next time, when THIS time I did drop everything. It was because of the other person I did not work out. These were also needs, not wants. I need them to get to school and work. I will let you believe what you want, but in all reality; the person who needs them....needs them.

Also, since you did so much assuming in your post, I am going to make an educated guess in saying; you probably make more money than me too. So you could have gotten' more expensive tires but instead, you decided to be cheap and get these. Please excuse my terrible grammar as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotalon1g View Post
Yes I will.
Thank you. I will PM you shortly..
Old 09-20-2011   #11
Goat Blower
aka Goodbye

Asteroids Champion! Beach Squirter Champion!
Drives: Taylor Made R15

OK, I had a chance to look back at my PM's and I did miss the one you sent asking about coming to get them. My apologies, I got about four PM's around the same time and somehow I missed that one, that's why I didn't reply, it was not intentional.

For what it's worth, the buyer was on 21-year tires that were so weather checked and bald that I was afraid he wouldn't make it back to St Paul, I had to air them up to get him home. They are the worst tires I've ever seen on a running car, so the buyer needed them as bad as anyone.
2017 GMC Yukon-Current winter hooptie

Last edited by Goat Blower; 09-20-2011 at 11:29 PM..
Goat Blower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011   #12
90AWDTSi

Drives: 90 Talon TSi

These tires made the difference of keeping the car on the road. Minimum wage at a coffee shop doesn't leave much left over. I needed them just as bad or more so than you. These are not just winter tires, they are the only tires.

If you were half as smart as your trying to come off, you would realize this type of situation happens all the time. We have all been on on one side of it or the other at one time. This time happened to work in our favor simply because we were the first to show up at his house with the cash in hand. I wish you the best in finding what you need but now were just beating a dead horse
90AWDTSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011   #13
DSMINMN
Mitsus for days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Blower View Post
OK, I had a chance to look back at my PM's and I did miss the one you sent asking about coming to get them. My apologies, I got about four PM's around the same time and somehow I missed that one, that's why I didn't reply, it was not intentional.

For what it's worth, the buyer was on 21-year tires that were so weather checked and bald that I was afraid he wouldn't make it back to St Paul, I had to air them up to get him home. They are the worst tires I've ever seen on a running car, so the buyer needed them as bad as anyone.
Thank you. Now that everybody does not think I am the bad guy freaking out of everyone here.
Old 09-21-2011   #14
DSMINMN
Mitsus for days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMINMN View Post
Thank you. Now that everybody does not think I am the bad guy freaking out of everyone here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90AWDTSi View Post
These tires made the difference of keeping the car on the road. Minimum wage at a coffee shop doesn't leave much left over. I needed them just as bad or more so than you. These are not just winter tires, they are the only tires.

If you were half as smart as your trying to come off, you would realize this type of situation happens all the time. We have all been on on one side of it or the other at one time. This time happened to work in our favor simply because we were the first to show up at his house with the cash in hand. I wish you the best in finding what you need but now were just beating a dead horse
I know the feeling. Within the next few weeks here, if I do not have different wheels and tires mounted on my Talon, it won't be going anywhere. With the weather we have been getting, it isn't very promising my...well, they might as well be considered slicks, are not going to serve a purpose. lol

I know the minimum wage game. I used to get 5 hours in a day to make a grand total of $300 every 2-weeks, not it has been cut into less than half. I'm probably making $140 as of now. It does not help when I have to bring myself and my sister to our school (ten miles away), the report to work as soon as school is out.

I am not even going to entertain your comment (in a nut shell), calling me dumb with a reply. It is far from the truth and that is all you need to know. But as mentioned by Goat Blower, he did miss my PM so there was not much more I could have done about it. Oh well.. I apologize if I made any mean or hateful comments. I was just trying to protect myself (no excuse however), from being made out to look like the bad guy here; who didn't contact anyone, didn't make the effort, etc etc.