MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Turbo / Engine / Drivetrain

Old 07-07-2013   #1
vish

Drives: 95 tsi
weird problem

Okay so i changed my battery. I dropped the bracket that holds the battery in place down by the rear mounting bracket fished it out and put every back together started the car ran fine for about 3 minutes and it started running like shit. the car when it's running its around 500 rpms I popped open the hood and it sounds like there is a vacuum leak but I searched and searched and found nothing. So then I decided to take it out and see if it would run it out of its system. While I was driving the car will only boost to 4 pounds and has absolutely no power any input would be great. My car is a 95 Eagle talon tsi awd no mods bone stock.
vish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013   #2
93gtpeater

Drives: cbr 1000rr repsol
Re: weird problem

Do a boost leak test.
93gtpeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013   #3
Dhouse

Do a smoke test if you know someone with a smoke machine, otherwise if you have propane or even brake cleaner you can spray your vacuum lines and induction system to check for leaks, the engine rpm and tone will change when you hit it in the affected area... A little bit goes a long way so don't dowse everything
Dhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013   #4
vish

Okay so I was going to do the starter fluid trick to find the vaccum leak until I noticed I was low on coolant filled it up with coolant and started it and ran like a champ wtf!!!!. So I went to get some gas fill her up and on the way home I decided it was a good idea to give her some boost action and now its back to running like poop. Did throw some codes one for a random misss fire and one for mass airflow something or other maybe time for a new mass air flow sensor?
Old 07-08-2013   #5
vish

After further investigation one of my coil packs isnt firing I believe its 2 and 3 my question is if the crank sensor or the cam sensor where junk both packs wouldnt fire right? And not just the one? So im safe to asume that if I replace both packs I would fix the problem right?