MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > Project Talk

View Poll Results: Where do I go from here? (now that all of the children have grown up...)
Build the X 17 56.67%
No one wants a $60k evo with high monthly payments, get out now and buy a 9. 13 43.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-10-2012   #2301
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g
Re: Dave's Evo X Build/The Life of Dave blog

lol i was bored at work and surfing evom. I was just playing with you. I'm excited to see what you do with a vette
Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309
turbotalon1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012   #2302
rose0529
Who has my man-card?

Drives: a red car
Send a message via AIM to rose0529

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlo26 View Post
If you can burnout in your evo you need new tires I can't even do that in mine, too much traction.

Man so much covette hate here lol.

I guess this is a mitsu board.

Don't get me wrong, I will buy another evo eventually, prolly a 9 when they are more reasonably priced.

But for now I want my summer fun car to be something different.

On a side note I haven't even posted my evo for sale yet, at least wait til its sold before the hating. For all I know I end up keeping it.

I'm just giving you a hard time! I would like to have a vette someday as a summer car.

I can only break them loose when its a cooler night. when its warm i have plenty of traction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotalon1g View Post
lol i was bored at work and surfing evom. I was just playing with you. I'm excited to see what you do with a vette

I think i posted the for sale link in this thread a couple weeks ago...
rose0529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012   #2303
timschot

Drives: 2008 Evo GSR

Quote:
Pic from Cars and Coffee last Saturday. I shined it up a bit, still not too much, still needs claybar and wax etc.

But shots like this make me want to keep it...just a bit

Hey, I saw your car at c&c. I parked a few cars down (got there late, white evo x), and was hoping to talk to you but didn't have a face to put the name/car to. Looked good though!
timschot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012   #2304
asshanson
immune from paybans

Drives: poorly
Send a message via AIM to asshanson

Quote:
Originally Posted by timschot View Post
Hey, I saw your car at c&c. I parked a few cars down (got there late, white evo x), and was hoping to talk to you but didn't have a face to put the name/car to. Looked good though!
I didn't know you got an Evo X Tim, awesome. Maybe I'll run into you at a Mitsustyle dyno day or something and you can drive the vette again if I still have it.
asshanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012   #2305
timschot

Quote:
Originally Posted by asshanson View Post
I didn't know you got an Evo X Tim, awesome. Maybe I'll run into you at a Mitsustyle dyno day or something and you can drive the vette again if I still have it.
That would absolutely make my day if I do run into ya and you still have it I do miss that sexy bitch!

I just got it a couple weeks ago. Didn't stay stock for long (and wasn't when I got it anyway).
Old 08-28-2012   #2306
Murlo26

Drives: 17 Honda Accord

Well, so just a little update.

So the whole reason I lowered my price $1,000 after a week was I found this while logging recently...

The first run was at half a tank...I logged it then I filled up the tank, ~7.5 gallons or so and did another run, perfect. So Jon and I talked and agreed bad fuel pump pickup. I have always been skeptical of my double pumper as it hasn't started because of "low gas" at like 1/3 of a tank.

So today I went ahead and bought a used OEM fuel pump hangar as my stock one is modified for the double pumper and I am going to redo my fuel pump system soon, maybe next week (aka drop it off at MAP).

They are going to do the following which is what Chris Carey is prolly going to do to his Evo X as well.

-Remove double pumper (sell for cheap with hangar)
-Wally 400 e85 version
-MAP fuel pump install kit, includes aluminum sleeve and flex hose
-DW hardwire kit to get battery voltage to it, get rid of fuel pump relay
-6AN fuel line for my feed from rail
-Turn current hard factory feed line into return line as its bigger in an effort to reduce fuel pressure as the fuel pumps flow more at lower pressures.
-Modify return line orifice to reduce fuel pressure drop

So hopefully with all of this Chris thinks it should be good for ~600whp on E85 and I tend to agree after reading several tests online.

I want to move back to a single pump to simplify my setup as I don't like the dual pump setup unless you really need to run it. Chris said when he ran the old 400 on his car he could do pulls until the gas light so I am looking forward to that big time.

My thoughts on future fueling needs if this isn't enough or I want a bigger turbo...run a BAP for easy mode or more likely, do a surge tank with big weldon like Lomker's setup.

More to come.

I will then re-raise the price on the car to $32,000 for sale and then if someone brings me the cash I will make a call, otherwise I am going to rock the car as its working well and I am enjoying it again! Then hopefully rock the car on the mitsustyle cruise again for more pumpkin smashing fun.

Last edited by Murlo26; 08-28-2012 at 12:32 AM..
Murlo26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012   #2307
timschot

Hell yeah man. A strong running car is damn hard to part with. Keep it!!!

I am going to follow along closely on your fuel system. I was hoping to just do w400 e85 version + hardwire + drill mod but figured the return line would get owned.
Old 08-28-2012   #2308
Murlo26

Quote:
Originally Posted by timschot View Post
Hell yeah man. A strong running car is damn hard to part with. Keep it!!!

I am going to follow along closely on your fuel system. I was hoping to just do w400 e85 version + hardwire + drill mod but figured the return line would get owned.
I shall test it out and report back.

I want something that works down to the gas light on my car even though I rarely run it that low Just need consistency so I can not worry. Then I can turn up the boost again!
Old 08-28-2012   #2309
Shane@DBPerformance
formerly ecoli

Send a message via AIM to Shane@DBPerformance

Do you have some kind of BlaqOps hanger in there now?
Old 08-28-2012   #2310
Murlo26

It's the OEM hangar, blaqops just modified it to fit both fuel pumps. So I have two bulkheads on the top of the hangar. I could maybe reuse the blaqops one and change it back to stock but I don't want to screw around with trying to plug holes.

So I found a decent priced used hangar which I should be able to sell the blaqops one for more than I paid for it to offset the cost.
Old 08-28-2012   #2311
A//// Guy

Bloody Seal Bounce Champion!
Drives: Slowly

I thought you had a sale pending?
A//// Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012   #2312
Murlo26

I kinda did lol. The guy was going to split the cost of the fuel pump fix with me as a downpayment.

then all the sudden he asked, wait this is tuned on e85, I thought this was a pump gas car? I asked if even read my post and he said you have the 2010 WW evo x right? I said no I have the 2008 RR X...

Needless to say he was a tard, and messaged the wrong guy. I wasted like half my day of vacation last friday planning all the fuel pump stuff and working with the guy to get compression/leak down tests done and everything.

So after that I figured trying to sell the car with a bad fuel pump problem isn't going to work and I should fix it first and then sell.

The car is hard enough to sell for what I want let alone having a problem where you can't go WOT at 1/2 tank of gas. So we shall see what happens.
Old 08-31-2012   #2313
Murlo26

Not selling car now maybe?

Because...broke? Sigh...FML

Never ever had a P030X code that wasn't p0300, this can't be good...

Sounds like this...I haven't seen an evo x have a specific cylinder misfire code ever without actually having a problem that wasn't good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drG6qIkCHrU&hd=1

Car running like poo poo...2.4L time maybe.

Last edited by scheides; 08-31-2012 at 09:21 AM.. Reason: fixed u tube lank for moar pretty imbeddad wab payge.
Old 08-31-2012   #2314
asshanson
immune from paybans

Drives: poorly
Send a message via AIM to asshanson

Sounds like a tractor.
Did you check spark on cylinder #4?
Edit: Your youtube link is broken.

Last edited by asshanson; 08-31-2012 at 01:04 AM..
asshanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012   #2315
simulatedwood

Drives: 08 Evolution X

Quote:
Car running like poo poo...2.4L time maybe.
Before jump off the cliff, thinking new motor bandwagon, a compression test and coil swap is in order. PM me... I can bring some tools over to diagnose.

Shawn

Last edited by scheides; 08-31-2012 at 09:21 AM.. Reason: fixed ewe tube link and ditched extra quoted crap :P
simulatedwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012   #2316
scheides
flips McGee

Wtf man? Idle sounds gnarly and nice to me! :P

Go through the basics as shawn said, move injectors, coils, run tests etc.
Quote:
...I realized that I can't keep up my shit talking without anything to back it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JV
S2000: For those of us that know the Miata is the best car on the planet, but also want extra power and to not have to turn in our man cards.
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012   #2317
Murlo26

I just found it very weird that on Monday when I drove the car it was running perfect. Then I went out of town for a few days for work, start it, and bam yucky running evo!

I am just a pessimist with the evo now, but I was planning to do all the basics or moving coils/plugs etc.

I did check my injector plugs, that was it, just to make sure none had come loose.

More to come soon. Shawn, sent a PM buddy.
Old 08-31-2012   #2318
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon

If it was running fine, then the next day started like shit, it's probably just something stupid. I've never worked on an Evo X, but apparently we live in the same hood so holla if you need an extra hand. If I'm around I can try to help.
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012   #2319
scheides
flips McGee

Check logs on your MAF sensor....mine started running like ass and the sensor was not dead but was reading inaccurately....died a week or two later. You can borrow mine if you want to test it but quickest thing is to compare voltage at idle and see where it's at.
Quote:
...I realized that I can't keep up my shit talking without anything to back it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JV
S2000: For those of us that know the Miata is the best car on the planet, but also want extra power and to not have to turn in our man cards.
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012   #2320
Murlo26

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheides View Post
Check logs on your MAF sensor....mine started running like ass and the sensor was not dead but was reading inaccurately....died a week or two later. You can borrow mine if you want to test it but quickest thing is to compare voltage at idle and see where it's at.
Sounds good, I will put that on the "to check" list.

I'll shoot you a text if I need to borrow it. But if shawn comes over maybe he will drive his evo to swap stuff.

Tags
casual mention of an evo, cold little murlo, daves sexcapades, flip flop, flip flopppp, hotdog crank polishing, manifold butthurt?, sexy time.