MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Classifieds > Non-Mitsu for sale

Old 01-13-2011   #1
Speedfreak

Drives: four tires
Great Tow Rig - E350 7.3L Turbo Diesel Van

SOLD

Wish I could keep it around, but need to get rid of a bunch of stuff. This thing pulls like a beast and tows an enclosed 28ft trailer with car, tool box, compressor, 4 wheeler etc... Like it's hardly even back there.

It's a 1995 Ford E350 7.3L Turbo Diesel Van(long version, no idea what the factory/technical name is). I bought it with around 195k and it has somewhere around 202k now. It has a little of the usual diesel smoke upon startup, then less for the first 5-10 minutes(until fully warmed up), but good after that. Nothing out of the ordinary.

It runs and drives good for a car of it's age and has never let us down(never broke down etc). It does need some maintenance at this point however. It will need tires relatively soon, the starter may go any time(works, but has needed to be hit a few times), will need an ignition switch, could use a blower motor at some point, the alternator may be starting to go, and the brakes will likely need pads/shoes relatively soon. Like I said, nothing major, but maintenance that has built up.

The body has some rust, as you'd expect for a vehicle of it's age and mileage. However some of it has been ground down, and primed, and some has been cut out completely(can see in the pic).

I really like this thing, and will most likely buy another when the time is right, but for now, it's perfect tow rig for very cheap. With some of the above fixed, it should sell for around 2k+, but I'm asking SOLD or best offer as is.

SOLD
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Diesel Van.jpg
Views:	441
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	11222  

Last edited by Speedfreak; 11-18-2013 at 08:00 PM.. Reason: SOLD
Speedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011   #2
CornFed2.4

Drives: You crazy!
Send a message via AIM to CornFed2.4
Re: Great Tow Rig - E350 7.3L Turbo Diesel Van

still around?
CornFed2.4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011   #3
Speedfreak

Yeah, but not pushing it as hard temporarily.. could use it for a few weeks before I sell it.
Old 01-27-2011   #4
CornFed2.4

Drives: You crazy!
Send a message via AIM to CornFed2.4

Ok, thanks Ill PM ya in a few weeks.
CornFed2.4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #5
Speedfreak

I'll bump this thread, as I've been moving it around for a while and out of places to park it.

Updates are: Brand new calipers up front and all new brake lines all around. Two new batteries.

Corrections from the first post. The starter is fine, but the relay in the engine bay needs to be tapped to start these days, just need to replace the relay.

Ignition switch works, but can give more detail to whoever is interested in buying the car.

Alternator is still kicking, so may be OK.

The bads:

Unfortunately some idiots decided to smash the windshield and drivers window. The car is sitting like that until I have a place to move it or someone wants to buy it. At that point, I can have the windows replaced, or can negotiate selling price etc if someone wants to replace themselves.

Some other idiot cut out the cat converter while parked, so would need a section of pipe put in to replace the cat. We've driven it as is for a while, but it gets a little stinky sometimes.

Still needs tires.

Price? Who knows, there are some pluses, and some minuses since the first post. Make and offer and we'll go from there. Just interested in selling it at this point. Still a great van and wish I had a more permanent place to park it.
Old 11-10-2013   #6
Goat Blower
aka Goodbye

Asteroids Champion! Beach Squirter Champion!
Drives: Taylor Made R15

We really need to man up and get that shop we've been talking about, I've got a few other guys interested as well.
2017 GMC Yukon-Current winter hooptie

Goat Blower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #7
s1ngletracker

Drives: A BMW

We have basically this same van for the chumpcar, it is amazing with something like 600+ ft lbs of torque.

Oddly enough, the blower just went out, and what are the alternator symptoms you're having? I think we're losing the diodes in ours.

Sponsored by DB Performance (dbptuning.com)

A dsm, a bimmer, a DORGE CUMMINZ, and a non running DSM race car... for now.
s1ngletracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #8
Speedfreak

SOLD