Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > Project Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2009   #1
twack
It was a auto get over it

Drives: something better then you
Send a message via AIM to twack
Project Winter Beater

Some of you may have seen it for sale here, but i bought it from matt j.
When were loading it on the trailer i see a pile of oil under the car so i figured it had a hole in the block. Owell at least i get my trans. so i bring it home and dont even look at it till the next day. after some hose clamps it held coolant, OK OK getting better. put oil in, and what do ya know it holds oil and pressure in both oil and coolant. Awesome so theres no hole in the block!!! i check all around and fix some small stuff here and there. OK its time for a compresion test, holy crap its 180 across the board. Im getting happy at this point. I hunt down the main issue to be a beyond dead fuel pump. so i get one from a buddy for free and what do ya know it starts!!!!! so now im just waiting to find some intercooler hoses for it and making it look decent.

Here is what i had to work with

Took a wire wheel and destroyed 18 years of midwest rust on the suspension and repainted them

cleaned and shampooed the interior

It runs!!!

Roughed up that flat black and threw some gloss black down. I think the black is tacky but its just a fun car that wont be the prettiest, its a beat up twin of my 92 talon.

I got rid of the nastiest rust and painted the bare spots. like i said not the prettiest but not to bad

since im not going to buy rims for and i want to keep with the twin idea i painted these rims black to

Ive been cleaning up the bay to look nice while waiting to find some stock intercooler pipes, it will get cleaner then this trust me, but a big start. ya the oil drain is leaking but that to will get fixed

Im going to try black with this engine, got to do something different then my other car.

in the shadow of its brother

dont have any intercooler pipes now so i have it run staright with no intercooler. its on stock boost its more then fine "we dont need no stinkin intercoolers". aside from rip in the flex pipe it idles and runs pretty good for not having the base timing set.

like i said the old pump was the problem, and was the worst looking pump ive ever seen. i got a free one from a friend but didnt have a strainer so i had to make do, its ok you can laugh.

When my 1st dsm got floded i lost anything that was fabric pretty much. so in restoring that car i made some center console side panels. I didnt want to waste the time to fimd some and i was rewrapping everything in the car anyhow. Those have held up for 2 or 3 years now. The winter beater needed the same center console panels, so i used the old ones as patterns and made some new ones. super simple: cloth and cardboard.

the black ones are the old ones and the gray ones are for the winter beater

because this is a super budget build, im also going to be making my own hatch cover and ill be covering that to obviously
panels in action. they are just set there so they are not screw in yet

I dont have a 2 din bezel for the stock radio so for the moment i made a panel for behind here so it wasnt a giant hole

made the panel for my hatch cover. the black one is different because that one has a cage. I still need to make bracing for it but it will look the same

traded a spare 1g BOV for a new knock off type s, not sure what im going to do with this cause everything on the car so far is stock.

Friend brought over a better "non-intercooler pipe" that had no kink
twack is offline   Reply With Quote