MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Turbo / Engine / Drivetrain

Old 02-23-2004   #1
Alpine TSi
Banana Hammock!

Drives: Shitbox
So I have a few questions about various parts of my car while I have it all disassembled.

1. Where can I get 6 new bolts for my flywheel? They all just about turned into circles with trying to get them out. Someone who worked on it before thought 110 ft-lbs wasn't enough...

2. When putting them back on, would it be bad to put some anti-seize on them? Will it throw off torque readings? Etc...

3. Do I really need that intake manifold stay? It was a PITA to get off and I could imagine much worse to get back in.

4. What would it take to get rid of the AC pump and related pieces? The belt has already been removed from what I can see.

5. Where the hell can I get a 13mm hex head socket to take off the head bolts? None of the parts stores up and down Robert street have it.

6. Will a stock headgasket hold 25 psi? I will be using ARP head studs if it matters.

7. Last and not least... It is normal to look at a handful of bolts and scratch your head saying, "Now where the hell did those come from"?

Thanks in advance...

Yes I know I am a n00b....

1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
678/1000
Alpine TSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004   #2
1ViciousGSX
Admin

1. You can get new flywheel bolts from Mitsubishi.

2. I used Locktite "Red" on my flywheel bolts. Don't want them coming loose on their own.

3. The stock manifold is heavy (almost 20 lbs.) I would put it back on for the added support.

4. Just remove the a/c compressor, brackets, lines, etc.

5. All you need is a 12 point 13mm socket (Craftsman, Snap-on, Mac, etc.)

6. Yeah, but 25-29 psi is about as high as you want to go even with studs. Some have gone higher, but you are taking you chances.

7. There are always extra bolts, they have sex and multiply when you are not looking.

Welcome to the DSM world n00b. :cheers:

"You don't have a clue. You couldn't get a clue during the clue mating season in a field full of horny clues if you smeared your body with clue musk and did the clue mating dance."

When she get's bitchy, SPANK THAT ASS!
(#Y#)
1ViciousGSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004   #3
john
Business as usual

Drives: Dodge Viper and Honda Insight
1. Mitsu
2. I wouldn't use it. You probly could though
3. Manifold stay??? Don't know what that is
4. unbolt the compressor, cut off part of the bracket so it remains as a spacer, then remove all the lines etc.
5. I will look when I get to work tomorrow (ACE)
6. I hope so as I may be trying it this summer. I have no idea though
7. Perfectly normal. I get extra each time I take the front end apart. I have a nice collection of bolts and fasteners.