Old 04-20-2007   #21
123abc
wants to be sideways...

Drives: Loud cars
Send a message via AIM to 123abc Send a message via MSN to 123abc
Re: Painted meh wheels, opinions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydsm View Post
it's a start, and be ready for your drivetrain to blow up (if its awd and u race the bitch).
She's FWD. I don't plan on racing it much at all untill I get the car fixed up to where I'm satisfied. After I reach that point, then I'll start getting serious about mods.
123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007   #22
HiImBrian

Drives: the girls crazy
Send a message via AIM to HiImBrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123abc View Post
Mr98GSX: Some of us aren't as lucky as you to only work 14 hours a week and be able to support yourself. Every two weeks I'm doin roughly 40-43 hours.
Just suggesting that you should get a better job. If your doin 40-43 hour weeks makin 6.25 an hour you are definitely wasting your time. dsm's and modding cars in general is a money pit. You spend all your money on parts then you look back and realize that your never getting back what you spent. I bought my car for 8600 and I've put in probably close to $4000 and driven it 5K miles and I'm not planning on making back what I even bought it for.
Old 04-20-2007   #23
sleepydsm
Kevin

Send a message via AIM to sleepydsm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.98GSX View Post
Just suggesting that you should get a better job. If your doin 40-43 hour weeks makin 6.25 an hour you are definitely wasting your time. dsm's and modding cars in general is a money pit. You spend all your money on parts then you look back and realize that your never getting back what you spent. I bought my car for 8600 and I've put in probably close to $4000 and driven it 5K miles and I'm not planning on making back what I even bought it for.

hahahaha thats nothing.
Currently on Corvette #4
sleepydsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007   #24
sleepydsm
Kevin

Send a message via AIM to sleepydsm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123abc View Post
She's FWD. I don't plan on racing it much at all untill I get the car fixed up to where I'm satisfied. After I reach that point, then I'll start getting serious about mods.
Oh. well then you don't have much to worry about :-)
Currently on Corvette #4
sleepydsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007   #25
123abc
wants to be sideways...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.98GSX View Post
Not many places in Winona where a high school student can make lots of cash unless you work at a hospital.

We'll see how things go. As I said, I'm not getting serious about going fast yet. I want to make it a decent car first.
Old 04-27-2007   #26
92EvilTalon
3.1L v6 power...

Pit Stop Challenge Champion!
Send a message via AIM to 92EvilTalon

6.25 an hour. You are a cart attendant are you? Sorry see if you can transfer to the back room or sales floor. Or bust your ass yearly reviews is starting. I work around 30 hours a week at Target. And I started at 8 dollars. Now I am up to 9.65. It sucks working so little hours. But bust your ass get good with the Team leads or Execs. And they give you more hours.

Back on topic. Nice rims... I do like. And keep up the good work. It be a long road to get the car the way you want it.

At LSE Performance: 92 Talon TSi AWD
Driving a: 93 Ford Festiva L 5spd
92EvilTalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007   #27
123abc
wants to be sideways...

I took what I could get at the time. I was going to have to be forced to start selling shit if I didn't find another job.

This summer I'm working on working at the photo-lab and back room. We'll see how that goes.

Update: Well, my hood flew open on me the other night. Fun shit.

She's sitting in the garage untill I get a new windsheild. This has given me lots of time and space to fix up a lot of the little things with it. I fixed the idle problem(hopefully), cleaned the intercooler, installed a bigger j-pipe, got the factory tach working, fixed the shifter problem, rigged up a funny catch can for the valve cover beather, and painted the 3 piece spoiler I got for it.

With the roof dented to shit like that, it gives me a reason when it comes time to replace it with a new skin to get a sunroof for it. Only problem with that is, how prone are 1g sunroofs to leaking?

It was my fault the hood flew up. I never bought hood pins like I should've a long time ago. So, it's a costly mistake, but I'm lucky I'm still here able to type this to you guys.
Old 04-29-2007   #28
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon

My sunroof doesn't leak water, but at high speeds I can hear air getting through just barely. It's not too bad, but it drives me crazy at times.
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007   #29
ExTREME
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ExTREME Send a message via MSN to ExTREME Send a message via Yahoo to ExTREME

Dang mayne your hood must be light. That sucks that it flew up. Wonder what that was like!

Bigger J-pipe? Lets see some underhood pics!
ExTREME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007   #30
123abc
wants to be sideways...

You can see it, the chrome piece. I was suprised it fit in the stock tubing. I'll have to test for boost leaks before I put her on the road again. I also will be taking it off tonight and taking it to metals class tomorrow to weld on the nipple from the old j-pipe so I don't have to tap into the bov.

I'm getting the windshield replaced thursday and I'm also getting a stock steel hood today or tomorrow.
Old 05-01-2007   #31
123abc
wants to be sideways...

Check this out. Went to the junkyard to pick up that hood, and what do ya know...It's the same color as my car!

Tomorrow I'm going to call about the hatch, cause mine has no defroster or wiper...and the douchebag I bought it from painted the rear window black so I'll have a nice new rear window.

EDIT: Could a mod or admin move this over to the project forum since I'm using it as a diary?

Last edited by 123abc; 05-01-2007 at 10:18 PM..