MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Turbo / Engine / Drivetrain

Old 07-05-2004   #1
Kougar

Drives: 06 RSX
Send a message via MSN to Kougar
Ok so i am changing my 1G BOV to a BPV by routing it's outlet air back into the intake pipe (stainless steel). Anyhoo, the biggest inlet on the pipe is 1/2", while the 1g BOV outlet seems to be 1.25" or maybe just 1" (the lip is throwing stuff off). Point is, i want to get that air from BOV into intake. How?! No one seems to make flexible hose that big, and going from 1.25" to .5" is a kinda big jump. There would just be a huge ugly mess of crumpled hose on the intake side if i kept one size hose the whole way. Grrr, help me! I'm sure you guys know what to do, since they come from your damn cars in the first place.

PS: Im not spending more than a couple bucks, nor do i have acess to a saw, welder, or anything of that sort.
Kougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004   #2
IndiEP
Tha MIG Masta!

I'm not familar w/the set up on conquests but would a stock 1g/2g return pipe fit?
Old 07-16-2004   #3
Kougar

I dont even know what that is :stick:
Old 07-16-2004   #4
fmicmatt

Tournaments Won: 6

Couple bux? Try Lowes or Home Depot, and make your own cold air intake and BOV return pipe with PVC pipe. I've seen it done on Hondas who didn't want to spend a buck for the right shit...............might work for you. Watch the heat though; keep the pipe away from the turbine side and other exhaust components.

-Matt
Old 07-16-2004   #5
john
Business as usual

Drives: Dodge Viper and Honda Insight
First of all, use ABS pipe if you go that route. Why don't you just get a stock 1g recirculating tube and cut it to fit and make a new nipple for your intake?
Old 07-16-2004   #6
IndiEP
Tha MIG Masta!

I have no idea where to get it from but, I have seen several people use what looks like a small flexable universal radiator hose.
Old 07-16-2004   #7
Kougar

I posted this on my own forums also, and they came up with going to a muffler shop and having them weld a 1" inlet on my intake. They claimed it would be cheap, but im not so sure i want to pay someone to make a BPV. I mean, i would rather have a BPV then a crappy BOV, but still...

I'm assuming the return pipe is the pipe that comes off the 1g BOV into the intake on dsms?

Here is my set-up. The inlet that i'm trying to use currently sits about 3 inches RIGHT below the bov, but like i said it's only .5" big.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BOVINTAKE.jpg (78.0 KB, 170 views)