MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Tuning/Electrical

Old 06-07-2007   #1
tpunx99GSX

Tournaments Won: 3

Drives: Lancer and Durango
Send a message via ICQ to tpunx99GSX Send a message via AIM to tpunx99GSX Send a message via MSN to tpunx99GSX Send a message via Yahoo to tpunx99GSX
Anyone use DSMLINK PDA version?

So i found a Palm VIIx at my work that i can use for DSMlink, i loaded the DSMLink on it, so far it looks cool, but i havent had it on my car yet. I ordered a cable that goes from the PDA to a DB9 connection.
In the pda software it says to use a sync cable to a null modem cable then to a gender changer. which seems like an aweful lot of changing of cables. But on the autotap website they had a single cable that looks like it would work perfectly for the setup.
If you use the PDA version what cable/PDA are you useing?
Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the common usage of the word "theory", which implies that something is a conjecture, hypothesis, or guess.
tpunx99GSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007   #2
Jed
The RTFVfaq Guy

Re: Anyone use DSMLINK PDA version?

I use the DSMLink cable--->This---->serial to PDA cable.

Works like a charm.

Last edited by Jed; 06-07-2007 at 04:05 PM.. Reason: I'm a big fat retarded dildo.
Jed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007   #3
tpunx99GSX

Send a message via ICQ to tpunx99GSX Send a message via AIM to tpunx99GSX Send a message via MSN to tpunx99GSX Send a message via Yahoo to tpunx99GSX

Here is the cable i ordered. http://www.bb-elec.com/product.asp?sku=9M3C
Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the common usage of the word "theory", which implies that something is a conjecture, hypothesis, or guess.
Old 06-07-2007   #4
tpunx99GSX

i suppose i could always order one of these http://store.pchcables.com/db9mfnumoad.html if it doesnt work.
Old 06-08-2007   #5
Onefast99gsx

I used dsmlink on my old Palm m130. I had to use a null adapter between the 2 cables. I recently picked up a HP iPAQ 5400 Pocket PC. Has windows on it. I got the cable off ebay from a place out of St. Paul. Haven't tried it out yet because I have yet to turn the key on the car. I can't wait though. This PDA is light years ahead of the m130. This has built in wireless too.

I will be very happy if I can use this instead of carrying a bulky laptop around.
Onefast99gsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007   #6
tpunx99GSX

yeah but have they come out with the windows version of it yet? i know there is a thread about it on the link forums but i havent read it yet
Old 06-08-2007   #7
tpunx99GSX

nm just looked at the thread and it has the windows version link on it. pretty cool.
now if they would come out with a blackberry version of it i would be set. LOL
Old 06-08-2007   #8
Onefast99gsx

Yep, i actually have the dsmlink software already on my HP PDA. Since my ECU doesn't have any juice to it, about all I can do is page thru the menus. Looks much like the laptop version.
Onefast99gsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007   #9
tpunx99GSX

i recieved the cable yesturday, it works. Its actually really cool.