MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Tuning/Electrical

Old 08-19-2009   #1
slow2.0

Drives: 93 6 bolt GSX
TPS problems

Hey there everyone,
here is my story...... I have finally been getting around to my dsm seeing how I have been busy lately with somethings and I just got dsmlink for it and when i made a log i noticed my tps % was at 40% at idle, I was not on the pedal at all. So i thought it was miss adjusted so I went to the bay and lostened the bolts and moved it the opposite way and I can only get it down to 19%. So I had my friend 4g63crazy come over and take a look at it, and he adjusted some stuff on the throttle body and I do beleive on dsmlink. Not 100% sure on what he did but im sure he will come in and say what he did. but what he did didnt help still. So he tried unplugging the sensor and i still read 19%! Then he knew I had a safc in the car so he pulled up the wiring for the install on the safc and told me to go check the wiring on down by the ecu and he pulled up a way to check the TPS sensor(both from vfaq) and i checked the wiring, it was wrapped up good with electrical tape but i still rewrapped it and made sure that the wire wasnt broken. Then i tested the TPS sensor, and it read 4.68v's on the 1 and 4 terminals(spec is 5) is that ok? Then I put it on the 2 and 4 terminals and went from closed throttle to wot and it read 1.06 to the 4.68v's and that is in spec. Then I went up to AMS today for some prices on some stuff(im in chicago for college and im about 20 min away from AMS) real nice guys there and i asked them what they might think it is and I told them what I have done and they said that it might be something in my ecu. So i borrowed my buddies eprom ecu and tried his and still reading 19%. Now im compeletly lost and confused and I need your help! What do you all think it is? thanks in advance!

Jeff
slow2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009   #2
C3L1CA
N17r0U$ br4D

Goosehead Racing Champion! Street Drifting Champion!
Tournaments Won: 1

Drives: bikes and a silveraydo
Re: TPS problems

This is what I did in my car but when I searched DSMLink to make sure the volt value was correct all they had in a quick search was v3. Log tps volts in link and disconnect the throttle cable. With it closed it should read .63 volts. Losen the two screws and adjust as needed. If that works then hook back up the throttle cable and then adjust that as needed.

If you have v3 this might help.
http://www.ecmtuning.com/wiki/v3tpsadj
C3L1CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009   #3
Kevin 1G Drummer

Drives: Silver '02 IS300, Blue '06 Suzuki SV1000

Wait, why do you have an AFC hooked up while you're running DSMlink?
Old 08-20-2009   #4
Batmobile2417

Drives: 92 Talon Work in Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3L1CA View Post
This is what I did in my car but when I searched DSMLink to make sure the volt value was correct all they had in a quick search was v3. Log tps volts in link and disconnect the throttle cable. With it closed it should read .63 volts. Losen the two screws and adjust as needed. If that works then hook back up the throttle cable and then adjust that as needed.

If you have v3 this might help.
http://www.ecmtuning.com/w
iki/v3tpsadj
He has version 2
Batmobile2417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009   #5
Batmobile2417

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_1G_Drummer View Post
He has safc and we pulled that for dsm link however the wiring harness was tapped into to support this. The wire was not cut but tapped into and seems to still have a goof connection.
Old 08-20-2009   #6
Batmobile2417

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_1G_Drummer View Post
He has safc and we pulled that for dsm link however the wiring harness was tapped into to support this. The wire was not cut but tapped into and seems to still have a goof connection.
Old 08-21-2009   #7
Shane55113
Now 20% less Racist

Send a message via AIM to Shane55113

Swap the TPS with another one as it may be bad, also check the wires for excessive resistance.
Old 08-22-2009   #8
slow2.0

Drives: 93 6 bolt GSX

I took off the TB and it was pretty dirty and I have a couple of other stock TB laying around so i tossed one of them on there along with cleaning it out, and it still said 19%. That screw that you are talking about is one thing that my buddy messed with when he was checking out the car trying to help me get it figured out. But now seeing how i tried all new sensors and a new TB and borrowed my buddies ecu to see if any of that would fix it and it didnt, would something in the wiring be messed up? Im just running outta ideas! Anyone got any other ideas?
slow2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009   #9
4g63tcrazy
is Nashty

Drives: Cyborg from Japan

Start at the tps and follow the wires back to the wire loom. It will be wrapped up in a little plastic thing mounted to the front of you're intake manifold.