Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Brakes / Body / Suspension

Old 01-25-2010   #1
Andrew7dg
Built it from scratch!

Drives: Currently Mitsu-less
Brake Problems

The car
92 Summit 1.5L econo

Problem is the brakes. Master cylinder was producing some bubbles and I had to pump the car to make it stop. Rotors are shot but I am trying to make them work for right now. There is some brake pads left. The challenge is I am trying to figure out how to make this work for the cheapest amount of money.

Went to the junk yard to find parts. I thought I struck gold and found a brand new set of rotors that were vented. However they are too big for these non vented brakes... Bummer (So I think these belong to the sedan but there isn't a sedan in the yard to pull the rest of the parts from). However I found a used Master cylinder that is hopefully going to be an improvement to the one that I already have. Installed the master cylinder.

When I went to the caliper bleeder screw to bleed the system, it broke of... SO now I am kind of stuck...
In fact I went around the whole car and only one of the drum brake screws didn't brake. So that 3 out of 4 screws broken. But the good news is that Oreillys carries the cylinder for the back for $15.00. It is the front calipers that I am stuck on

In frustration I went to the local parts stores to give up on cheapness, However no one carries rotors, master cylinder, calipers for this thing! WTF? I thought that these were common cars.

So parts kind of suck already. Worse is eventually I will be upgrading so I don't want to even spend much money on these things. Again just enough to make it through.

So brain storming ideas here, Can I just get a bigger set of bleeder screws and drill and tap these calipers?
What would you guys do?
Old 02-01-2010   #2
iceminion

Send a message via AIM to iceminion
Re: Brake Problems

I would suggest doing a full lil'evo swap, get your car out of my front yard you bum! (lol, ill be back in minnesota tuesday and we can figure out something)

the final option is we can go to u-pull and get calipers without broken bleeders, they are used but cheap....
Old 02-01-2010   #3
123abc
wants to be sideways...

Drives: Loud cars
Send a message via AIM to 123abc Send a message via MSN to 123abc
Re: Brake Problems

Do a 5 lug swap. Run DSM brakes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93GSX5SD
I'll second that. Its your car your choice. Enjoy your dsm experience.
123abc is offline   Reply With Quote