WTF, are you drunk?
Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309
turbotalon1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009   #82
Alpha D
Got Boost o_O'' m

Drives: 1991 Eagle Talon TSI AWD Spooling Fiddy Trim Style
Re: 1G Trouble shoot assistance needed

LOL. Nope. Bad joke bad joke....I'll lay of with the unnecessary comments.
(It does smoke a lot)
Alpha D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009   #83
Kevin 1G Drummer

Drives: Silver '02 IS300, Blue '06 Suzuki SV1000

You do need an o2 sensor. Just cuz it may not throw a CEL if not hooked up, you still need one.
Old 11-16-2009   #84
CarPsyco84

Drives: 07' Z06, 16' Beta 300RR

I found the problem with the car running rich. Car looked like they used to have a SAFC on it and when it was sold it was removed, and no one bothered to hook the MAF signal wire back up to the computer...
The idle motor does not seem to work, and the driver side front wheel bearing is really bad. The reverse issue is a linkage issue, but we ran out of adjustment, it goes in, you just have to shift it into reverse convincingly.
Old 11-16-2009   #85
Alpha D
Got Boost o_O'' m

Thank you guys so much! Without the forum i would have never ever figured this stuff out!
Old 11-16-2009   #86
Alpha D
Got Boost o_O'' m

Now i have another problem of concern....The problem with the wheelbearing(s) I don't feel obligated to return the custom white wheels to chim...The reason for that is when i bought the car i was promised nothing was wrong with the car except for the intake manifold that needed to be swapped. As everyone can see it turned out to be a lot more then just the intake manifold. The whole hassle of spending hour after hour figuring out what the problem was with the car. I understand the car was sold as is...well if the car was sold as is 3 custom wheels came with the car. Not to mention the problem with the reverse gear. I will most likely need to purchase new shifter cables in order to get a appropriate length.

Next the stock wheels that i received are in very bad condition simply put 1 of them is not usuable. The other one wont work until a new tire is bought.

Granted stock wheels might be cheap tires are not. I have spend close to Four hundred in parts. Not including a new set of tires and rims.

As already mentioned i dont feel obligated to return the tires. The same as chim did not feel obligated to give me a refund. I want to know what fellow forum members think about this situation.

I will have to purchase new bearings for both front sides. I have not checked the rear, but i assume they will need attention as well. The thread left on the custom wheels are less then 50%
Old 11-16-2009   #87
Chim55117

Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe

Alright, guys, Alpha D is obviously one siding this to an annoying extent.

Sold the car, told him the WHAT I KNEW at the time of sale to him. I had 3 of my Enkei's on there because I figured that he would return them, and I would give him the steelies.

We said that the enkei's were extra to the cost of the car, and he would be getting the steelies. I DID say that the steelies did NOT hold air.

Now that I already gave him the steelies, he won't give me my damn rims back, because he feels like I wronged him.

I seriously don't have time for him acting like a kid and feeling like he's justified in taking my rims.

Just because he doesn't feel "obligated" because new things came up, doesn't mean that he can keep them.

Seriously, he bought a DSM, and now thinks that every problem other than what I mentioned must be linked back to me. The wheel bearings are my fault? Thanks.

Learn to spell, give me my rims back.

If any of the members on this forum have any sense, they would be fustrated as hell in my shoes too, when I've been trying to help Alpha trouble shoot from day one.

The engine was picked up from guys on this forum, WE installed it, and did assembly other than the longblock and head being together.
Chim55117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009   #88
Alpha D
Got Boost o_O'' m

Clowning on my spelling..... Guess that is all your good at. Dude you have made me drive to your place 5 times. 5 freaking times. You think its fun for me having to chase you down fitting my schedule around yours?!?

The whole reason why this situation is so stressful is because you didn't know what you were talking about. You obviously didnt know what you were talking about when you said you and your brother rebuild the motor after picking it up from people of the forum! Now all of a sudden after things went wrong, your brother wrote me an email stating you guys never rebuild the motor. You are telling everyone i am at fault. Weather you just simple wanted to sell the car. Thinking it is not necessary to to be honest. I guess you did not know the car had clipped wires going to the ecu huh? Neither did you know the MAF was trash? Neither did you know that manifold you gave me was wrong? TWICE DI YOU GIVE ME THE WRONG MANIFOLD! Neither did you know the car didn't shift into reverse? I know for a fact if anyone else was treated like that think they would not just let you walk of and carry the burden by themselves? Dude i should of taken you to court from day one! I politely asked you for a refund. You said no! You want your wheels back doesn't feel to nice when you are on the other end.
Old 11-16-2009   #89
Chim55117

Ok, first off, my brother said that we didn't do the longblock and head, and it IS a rebuilt motor, with 0 miles.

Seriously, my verbatim, my brother did not say the engine was not rebuilt. He said that we did not do the longblock or head.

And no, I DIDN'T know the car had clipped wires going to the ECU. Guess you thought I knew that and secretly kept that from you too? Seriously dude. I told you WHAT I KNEW.

Twice I gave you the wrong manifold? I seriously find that hard to believe... considering the manifold I gave you came off a running 4G63T. Perhaps you are not installing it correctly?
Old 11-16-2009   #90
Alpha D
Got Boost o_O'' m

?? I don't want a freaking 2G manifold or what ever the one you gave me came of from!

I told you i want a 1G manifold!!! How hard is that to understand. If you dont have one JUST SAY YOU DON'T AND QUIT GIVING ME STUFF I DONT WANT! As soon as you handed me the manifold i was like. The heck its the exact same one. IDC if they are interchangeable i want the stock 1G manifold.

Yes maybe you did know! Maybe you thought i wouldn't buy the car! All that stuff you have pulled just makes me think more and more other stuff is gonna go wrong with that car! No windshield no reverse no working injectors. Hood rich exhaust job. Rusted like no tomorrow. Missing trim pieces. Yet the car is in great working condition!!!??? Go figure man. Trust me its the cleanest 1G you fill find. Me and my brother ''REBUILT THE ENGINE'' I REPEAT REBUILT THE ENGINE'' All you had to say was inspect it. I even talked to you on the phone and asked you to verify. You said yes when me and my brother assembled the ''MOTOR'' Dont try and sell ppl no crap on the forum! I have witnesses to prove it!
Old 11-16-2009   #91
Chim55117

Seriously, this is a 1G manifold:

http://www.mirage-performance.com/so...anifold001.jpg

Two of which I gave you.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...DWOYfmnQfc2u01

That is a 2G manifold.

I have no idea what you're doing wrong. Either of those manifolds I gave you are a direct fit. I didn't give you a 2G manifold.

No windshield?

Oh wait. I told you that? I also mentioned the injector seals?

Rusted like no tomorrow?

What trim pieces are you missing? The ones in the pictures that are clearly not on the car in my for sale pictures?

Assembling the motor (longblock and head already assembled) doesn't account for assembly?
Old 11-16-2009   #92
viridionplague

Drives: 1991 talon tsi, 1991 stealth

your link to the "2g" manifold, is a link to a thread for the evo 3 manifolds.

ALPHA, if your willing to drive to fridley ill give you a 1g manifold out of a 92, for free, assuming my dad didnt toss it.
viridionplague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009   #93
Chim55117

Quote:
Originally Posted by viridionplague View Post
your link to the "2g" manifold, is a link to a thread for the evo 3 manifolds.

ALPHA, if your willing to drive to fridley ill give you a 1g manifold out of a 92, for free, assuming my dad didnt toss it.
Whoops on the link to the Evo 3 manifold. I just typed 2G intake manifold into google images, and got the first result.

Like I said though, Alpha, I'm 100% on the manifolds being for 1G heads.
Old 11-17-2009   #94
s1ngletracker

Drives: A BMW

why must you bring this debate to this thread?

Sponsored by DB Performance (dbptuning.com)

A dsm, a bimmer, a DORGE CUMMINZ, and a non running DSM race car... for now.
s1ngletracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009   #95
CarPsyco84

Drives: 07' Z06, 16' Beta 300RR

I dunno whats to debate... if he said the wheels were extra and you didn't want em then you better give em back. I'm guessing that Chim did not even drive the car after they put it together so maybe he didn't know about the bearing or clipped wire. I'd either keep it to pm's or quit whinning about it or you guys are gonna get the ban hammer. lol
Old 11-17-2009   #96
Constant_Project21

Drives: E36

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarPsyco84 View Post
I'd either keep it to pm's or quit whinning about it or you guys are gonna get the ban hammer. lol
x2, I'm broke and I'm tempted to toss out some paybans so you both stfu.
Constant_Project21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009   #97
rose0529
Who has my man-card?

Drives: a red car
Send a message via AIM to rose0529

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant_Project21 View Post
x2, I'm broke and I'm tempted to toss out some paybans so you both stfu.
+1 i've been debating it all day lol!
rose0529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009   #98
twack
It was a auto get over it

Drives: something better then you
Send a message via AIM to twack

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose0529 View Post
+1 i've been debating it all day lol!
thank god im not the only one
twack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009   #99
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon

When will they learn. When you buy an old rusty 1G, you can't expect it to be a gem. That's the nature of the beast when buying a 15+ year old car that's been modified for a good chunk of it's life.

Just deal with the problems when they come up, and fix them. If you don't have the time for that, then you really should reconsider owning a 1G because they often require attention.
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009   #100
s1ngletracker

Drives: A BMW

update, he told me that the engine is making just a shade over 100 psi compression on most/all of the cylinders. Sounds like this motor was built improperly.

Sponsored by DB Performance (dbptuning.com)

A dsm, a bimmer, a DORGE CUMMINZ, and a non running DSM race car... for now.
s1ngletracker is offline   Reply With Quote