MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Tuning/Electrical

Old 01-06-2008   #1
Tman1gtsi

Help Me!!

My 1991 tsi has been acting up lately and was wondering if anyone could help me diagnose the problem. My 02 sensor and wire i diddnt realize were slowly melting even on the heat wrap and eventually failed and i threw a check engine light, it started to run really poorly, but only after 20 mins or so of it starting. So i temporarily unplugged the sensor, the car instantly ran better, and the engine light went away, but sure enough, right when it gets up to operating temperature, it starts to, how i would describe "bogging out" , it even acts like an IC pipe fell off (which it did not), but i was wondering if it could be an ECU problem, maybe the fuel injectors are failing, idk but i need help becuase it is my daily driver!
Tman1gtsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008   #2
justinhill

BetHiLow Streak Un-Censored Champion! League Bowling Champion! Snowboard Champion!
Drives: 98 gst eclipse
Send a message via AIM to justinhill
Re: Help Me!!

Take the ecu out and smell it to see if you fryed it up. My old eclipse o2 wires got cought and snapped the wires and fryed the ecu and messed up a bunch of other things and i could never figure out the problems and had alot of help,But good luck.
justinhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008   #3
Kevin 1G Drummer

Drives: Silver '02 IS300, Blue '06 Suzuki SV1000

Did you repair the wires to the o2 sensor? If not, thats your problem. The reason it runs fine before it warms up is because it's still in open loop, and the ecu isn't using the o2 sensor. As soon as the engine gets to operating temp, it switches to closed loop and starts using the o2 sensor reading.
Old 01-07-2008   #4
Tman1gtsi

i am going to do that tmrw, but cant thank you guys enough for the help, thats what i figured it was, but i dont want to start my morning with my dsm thanks again
Tman1gtsi is offline   Reply With Quote