MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Classifieds > Mitsu vehicles for sale

Old 07-17-2012   #41
bertrenolds5

Drives: 91 eagle talon GST
Re: FS 1991 Talon Tsi AWD

I will give the guy the benefit of the doubt that it may have some decent stuff on it and all DSM's are in ruff shape when you get them usually, they are old and people that don't know shit about cars are trying to sell them. And yea it probably isin't worth $2000, especially now that he really doesen't know shit about tunning E85 considering he is somehow running E85 with 650cc injectors? You can barelly run E85 with a 650cc injector, it's not recomended and bosting it to 27psi makes you look like a dumb ass! You shouldn't boost a b16g to 27 PSI ever if you expect it to last very long. Who ever buys this car the engine is probably fucked again. And why would you wan't a 6puck on a daily driver?

Last edited by bertrenolds5; 07-17-2012 at 06:44 PM..
bertrenolds5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012   #42
Fran05

Drives: DSM

There is definitely a lot of off-topic conversation here, but there is a reason why mod's haven't cleaned this up yet. The guy wants to sell a pos on a more or less knowledgeable forum where most people know each other personally. They also happen to know a decent amount about DSM's too.
Fran05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012   #43
way2fastalon
IS Broken :-/

Drives: 91 Talon awd /90 laser rsT
Send a message via ICQ to way2fastalon Send a message via AIM to way2fastalon

i apologize for the grammar /

all you guys on here talk a lot of bull... i payed a $1000 for a blown up 91 talon awd and it had its issues .. this one at least runs and drives

then me and my wife bought 93gtpeaters car for $2000 witch also didn't run and had to tow it assemble it , find the other missing parts.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
makes decent power for a dd with some bolt ons

its on corn because base pressure is at 70psi witch balances it out to like 770cc maybe less afr's are fine ... like 11.7 and for a turbo that dont flow much wouldnt be concerned about it going lean.. on top of having stock compression

also no one even asked what the real size of the b16g is because there different inducers and ex-ducers on them some have larger shafts and small exhaust wheels .. i know there is a difference between a fp big 16g and then a godspeed one and its airflow and a few other little things

i drove this thing to Duluth and back a few times i had no issues

1991 Eagle Talon awd
2.0 fully built lower-end
wiseco/eagle rods / crank 9:0:1
dsmlink v.2.5 fp race mani 880cc injectors w255
hx35/bep/maperformance o2 with dump
+more mods to list

way2fastalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012   #44
JET
Is funding Exxon.

Drives: like a bat outta hell!
Send a message via AIM to JET Send a message via Yahoo to JET

The value of a DSM these days is the body, and the body on this car is crap. With that said, the price isn't horrible for a starting point IF the car is decent mechanically.

So how do you know the AFR's on this car? "like 11.7" isn't exactly accurate. How is it making "about 300whp"? These both sound like absolute guesses, give some facts to back it up. Was this on the dyno? Where is the dyno sheet?

The base pressure being at 70psi is pretty dumb. Have you ever seen a flow chart for a fuel pump? There is no mention of a fuel pump, what pump is in it? Do you know how 97psi affects the way the injectors operate? There is a reason people run bigger injectors and not just keep upping the base pressure.

If the turbo doesn't flow much, how is it running 27psi? Everything coming from you two doesn't make sense and this leads everyone to believe it is hacked, which is a reasonable conclusion from what you have said so far. Toss some facts and actual data out there and people will change their minds. So far i haven't seen any.

My motorcycle is stock and reliable, my Talon is neither!
JET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012   #45
CornFed2.4

Drives: You crazy!
Send a message via AIM to CornFed2.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by way2fastalon View Post
i apologize for the grammar /

all you guys on here talk a lot of bull... i payed a $1000 for a blown up 91 talon awd and it had its issues .. this one at least runs and drives

then me and my wife bought 93gtpeaters car for $2000 witch also didn't run and had to tow it assemble it , find the other missing parts.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
makes decent power for a dd with some bolt ons

its on corn because base pressure is at 70psi witch balances it out to like 770cc maybe less afr's are fine ... like 11.7 and for a turbo that dont flow much wouldnt be concerned about it going lean.. on top of having stock compression

also no one even asked what the real size of the b16g is because there different inducers and ex-ducers on them some have larger shafts and small exhaust wheels .. i know there is a difference between a fp big 16g and then a godspeed one and its airflow and a few other little things

i drove this thing to Duluth and back a few times i had no issues
Are you trying to help the other person with the sale?

Are you saying the people on this forum are dumb/talk bull?

No offense dude but you buying cars for $2k and having to put them back together is just crazy. Especially being a 1G. Also I do remember you trying to blame a big shop for your negligence to mic a piston before assembly. Don't and you ran to this site to confirm it

Who's dumb?

There's alot of OGs on this site that I would trust with knowledge and help than most the local shops. There is also alot of people who buy numerous cars on a yearly basis including myself and to even part it out isn't worth 2k.

So with that said check the classifieds on here I'm sure there was a few cars sold in last 2 weeks and currently for sale. That are way better deals than this.

Even $700 I wouldn't touch this car.

Last edited by CornFed2.4; 07-18-2012 at 10:14 PM..
CornFed2.4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012   #46
dsm_talontsi

Drives: 91 Eclipse GST

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornFed2.4 View Post

No offense dude but you buying cars for $2k and having to put them back together is just crazy. Especially being a 1G. Also I do remember you trying to blame a big shop for your negligence to mic a piston before assembly. Don't and you ran to this site to confirm it

Who's dumb?

There's alot of OGs on this site that I would trust with knowledge and help than most the local shops. There is also alot of people who buy numerous cars on a yearly basis including myself and to even part it out isn't worth 2k.

So with that said check the classifieds on here I'm sure there was a few cars sold in last 2 weeks and currently for sale. That are way better deals than this.

dsm_talontsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012   #47
punxnotdead185

Drives: 95 AWD Mirage Coupe with AIDS

Well car isn't for sale anymore, upgrading to a holset and bigger injectors. As far as the other cars I've owned that was before my accident, I broke my neck and back last September crashing the turbo GSXR at over a hundred mph. And I think this thread just needs to be closed anyways, everything is off topic and now its to the point no one is reading the original post and just jumping in to get in on the action, people saying it doesn't have a fuel pump in it and shit, it says very clearly it has a modded Walbro 255 in the ad. And to the person who said who wants to drive a 6-puck, way2fastalon's wife dd's a HX35 1g with a act 2900 pp and an unsprung 6 puck, yeah I said his wife, it's not a big deal. And to the person who said how do we know what it makes for power and if the afr's are good? Because I have a friend with a very similar setup just put together a little nicer and dynoed 292 awhp on 27lbs on a B16g, and it has a functioning wideband so how wouldn't I know what the afr's are? It's not at 11.7 its at 12.2 btw on a gasoline calibrated wideband and the safe cutoff is about 12.6 on corn so its good. Also the injectors flow 825cc's at 70 lbs base pressure and I don't care if anyone says that's "bad" for anything because I know otherwise, those injectors can handle it just fine and I know people who have ran modded walbro's and injectors at these pressures for years with no failures. Either way it's not for sale anymore.
punxnotdead185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012   #48
punxnotdead185

Drives: 95 AWD Mirage Coupe with AIDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornFed2.4 View Post

Who's dumb?

Yes he would be trying to help me. And actually the car he bought for $2000 I was willing to pay up to $4000 for it this last winter because there were literally no other 1g's for sale at the time but way2fastalon wouldn't give me dudes phone number so call us both crazy.
punxnotdead185 is offline   Reply With Quote