MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Classifieds > Mitsu vehicle parts for sale

Old 09-07-2007   #1
tpunx99GSX

Tournaments Won: 3

Drives: Lancer and Durango
Send a message via ICQ to tpunx99GSX Send a message via AIM to tpunx99GSX Send a message via MSN to tpunx99GSX Send a message via Yahoo to tpunx99GSX
Dogbox Racing Race Built GST Transmission

Hey guys,
Im now selling my Transmission that was on my car for UNDER 1000 miles. It was built by Dogbox racing, the full race build. It has a Phantom LSD insert. I have an invoice for over $1600 of work done. Everything in the transmission was replaced.
Here are the specs from Dogbox Racing:
"Our race package is geared toward the more serious DSMers. The all out racers, or week end warrior types.
Those who want to fire out of the hole and shift above redline, this is for you. Our Race Package is proven to
handle 500+ ft/lbs of torque and shift at over 9k RPM's, you won't be disappointed.

This price includes all labor and complete parts list
below:
1-2 hub/sleeve
3-4 hub/sleeve
1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gear
2nd gear double cone syncro
1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, & reverse syncros
both tapered input shaft bearings
both tapered intermediate shaft bearings
both half shaft seals, input shaft seal, & output shaft seal
Modified stock forks "

Also replaced was the Reverse Idler, and the phantom LSD was installed.

Im looking to get $1500 shipped. Please no lowballers this transmission is in perfect shape and ran perfectly.
PM me or email me at T.ferlaak@gmail.com
The reason I have decided to sell is that im going to do an AWD Swap.
Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the common usage of the word "theory", which implies that something is a conjecture, hypothesis, or guess.

Last edited by tpunx99GSX; 09-10-2007 at 12:55 PM..
tpunx99GSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007   #2
99gst_racer
Re: Dogbox Racing Race Built GST Transmission

So, you paid $1600 for a tranny, used it for a few hundred miles, and now you want $2000? Maybe I mis-read....

When I did an AWD swap, I sold my $2400 Shep tranny w/ Quaife diff for only $1400 and that was the best price I was offered over a 4 week span.

Either way, good luck with the sale and good luck with the swap. Too bad you didn't live any closer, or I'd offer a hand. I could probably pull one off within a weekend now.
99gst_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007   #3
tpunx99GSX

Send a message via ICQ to tpunx99GSX Send a message via AIM to tpunx99GSX Send a message via MSN to tpunx99GSX Send a message via Yahoo to tpunx99GSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99gst_racer View Post
So, you paid $1600 for a tranny, used it for a few hundred miles, and now you want $2000? Maybe I mis-read....

When I did an AWD swap, I sold my $2400 Shep tranny w/ Quaife diff for only $1400 and that was the best price I was offered over a 4 week span.

Either way, good luck with the sale and good luck with the swap. Too bad you didn't live any closer, or I'd offer a hand. I could probably pull one off within a weekend now.
The build of the tranny was over $1600, I didnt buy the transmission for 1600. So in essence its like paying 400 for a transmission then sending it to dogbox and having it race built, but without waiting.
Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the common usage of the word "theory", which implies that something is a conjecture, hypothesis, or guess.
Old 09-10-2007   #4
tpunx99GSX

Price Drop Now asking $1500