MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Brakes / Body / Suspension

Old 09-22-2004   #21
1slowdsm
Now 1 second.....slower!

Drives: 1993 Talon AWD
Send a message via MSN to 1slowdsm
What do you guys think is better for my next upgrade?

A Super-AFC II
Or
3" exhaust pipings from the testpipe back?

Right now I have 2.25" piping from a 2.5" testpipe to a 2.5" exhaust. I'll eventually get a 3" dp and exhaust, but thats plan for next spring. Oh...and any ideas what I should do next?
1slowdsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004   #22
1slowdsm
Now 1 second.....slower!

So, I just got my datalogger put in just like two days ago and I found out that I someiimes have 43 counts of knock. I currently have the MMCD and still dont know what many of those abbreviated words mean like FLG0 or FTRM. I'm just wondering if anyone knows what I can do to push my knock counts back down. Does the MMCD have an Air/Fuel Ratio monitor on there also? It kinda sucks when there arent instructions with the software and the net isnt helping either.
Old 10-06-2004   #23
npaulseth

Turning down your boost is a good way some say. Puting higher oct gas in helps too from what the DSM gods tell me.
Old 10-06-2004   #24
1slowdsm
Now 1 second.....slower!

I have my boost set at 13, but it sometimes spikes to 18 and drops down to 16 when I downshift on the freeway. I always put 92 octane gas in her. Is it normal to be knocking when you're barely on the throttle, because when I press the gas alittle on the freeway, knock starts to jump and then when I floor it all the way, it doesnt have knock. If the Timing advance has anything to do with it then thats probably one of my problems, knock jumps up when my timing doesnt advance enough. I was running 16 lbs for a month or so with boost spike, I wonder how bad that must've been. So I'm a little confused with this knock stuff....exactly how bad is 43 counts of knock or any counts of knock at all? :headache: