MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Tuning/Electrical

Old 07-16-2010   #1
santa
Boost Spike

Drives: 93 talon Automagickinda....
Send a message via AIM to santa
Anyone running a fuelab pump on here?

Just wondering what problems you've all had?

I had my pump brand new this year make it 5 miles and completely die out on me. I have the center hook up grounded through a switch like it says in figure #3 on their instructions (resistor link hooked to the positive side). I sent it in and they repaired it. I hooked it up two days ago and on low speed the pump cuts in and out with the car running. So, I shut the car off and ran the pump off battery power. The pump on low speed worked ok but still hickups. Then I hooked my battery charger up to simulate the alt. The pump started to completely stop spinning and then start back up again. This pump has cost me half of the summer of driving my car!!!
Old 07-16-2010   #2
Speedfreak

Drives: four tires
Re: Anyone running a fuelab pump on here?

No, with certain components, I don't stray to far from the known good path. I'd rather choose a Bosch or a couple Walbro's etc on a fuel pump. Certain things there is less risk trying new stuff, but when there isn't anything really wrong with what is offered in a specific category, I'd say stick with it until something else comes along and proves itself in that market. I'd personally dump it and go with a different Bosch and or Wally setup.
Speedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010   #3
Mwolf83

Drives: 91 Eagle Talon AWD, 02 WRX, 97 Civic Hatch

I've had the same issue with my Fuelab 1300 Prodigy (not sure which model your running). I had mine on the low setting its entire life which only turned out to be 1200 miles so far. It ran good for the first day or two, then started cutting in and out and then stopped completely. Its back at its birth place right now being fixed.
Mwolf83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010   #4
santa
Boost Spike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedfreak View Post
No, with certain components, I don't stray to far from the known good path. I'd rather choose a Bosch or a couple Walbro's etc on a fuel pump. Certain things there is less risk trying new stuff, but when there isn't anything really wrong with what is offered in a specific category, I'd say stick with it until something else comes along and proves itself in that market. I'd personally dump it and go with a different Bosch and or Wally setup.
I went this path to avoid ever running out of fuel. It seems to be working ok at this point so I'm going to run it and see what happens. Its got a 2 year warrenty on it and I guess if it stops working again I'm going to switch over to a aeromotive eliminator pump.
Old 07-16-2010   #5
santa
Boost Spike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwolf83 View Post
I've had the same issue with my Fuelab 1300 Prodigy (not sure which model your running). I had mine on the low setting its entire life which only turned out to be 1200 miles so far. It ran good for the first day or two, then started cutting in and out and then stopped completely. Its back at its birth place right now being fixed.
I've got a the 1500hp prodigy pump. I hope it last's atleast until winter time lol...
Old 07-18-2010   #6
CarPsyco84

Drives: 07' Z06, 16' Beta 300RR

Heh, and people cry about the reliability of twin wallys...