MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Classifieds > Mitsu vehicles for sale

Old 06-11-2007   #1
tsiawdspeed

Send a message via AIM to tsiawdspeed
1996 Talon TSI AWD for sale

111000 miles, MT, Green with black top, Leather seats, sunroof, CD player, VIN available on request

After owning this car for the past 6 years, its finally time to sell. I have babied this car ever since I bought it, using mobil1 oil and filters every 5k miles. The car now has 111,000 miles and the body and interior is in better than expected shape, with no major dents, no rust, no interior tears/holes/stains.

List of mods:
Brodie UICP with 1g BOV
Joe P MBC
Lotek A-pillar pod with Autometer Autolite boost gauge (silver face and bezel)
ACT 2600 clutch (30k miles on it)
KYB AGX shocks (newer shorter length for lowering springs) and Eibach Prokit springs
Front and rear strut tower bars
Bosal 3" cat-back exhaust with no rust, holes, or dents
Removed shifter plate bushings and replaced with washers/rubber sound insulator
Apexi Pen style Turbo Timer

Recent maintainence:
Front calipers, rotors, and pads changed at 105k miles. Rotors are Brembo blanks and pads are EBC Green Stuff (which are amazing)
New tie rod ends, alignment, and front tires at 110k miles
T-belt and waterpump were changed at 60k miles
New IAC valve at 100k miles
New factory mitsu shifter bushings on the trans side
Trans, T-case, and rear end fluid changed when clutch was swapped. Trans fluid is GM Synchromesh. T-case and rear end has Redline Shock-proof gear oil

Current condition:
There is no rust, no major dents, no huge scratches. Paint is in very good shape but could use a good wax. Headlights are crystal clear. Trans shifts very smoothly with no grinding. Engine is in very good condition. No leaks or other strange noises. Still pulls as hard as when I first got the car 50k miles ago.

Known body/interior issues:
The passenger side fog light lens is pretty cracked but it still works.
The bottom of the front bumper has normal rash from a lowered car
The leather inside is starting to show its age with some cracking around the driver's seat bolsters. No rips, holes or tears in the leather.

Known mechanical issues:
Currently, the clutch will not disengage. This is the main reason why I am selling. I really do not want to pay to have it fixed or take the time to fix it myself. The most likely culprit is either the clutch disengagement fork or the fork pivot point. Not very expensive parts but the labor is horrible. Also, the power steering pump is starting to make some noise but it still works fine.

Bottom line:
As it sits now, i'll sell it for $3000. If you would like me to fix it before you buy it, the price will be $4000. Included in the price is a Haynes repair manual, the factory repair manual on CD, and a Pocketlogger cable, software, and PDA to datalog. Currently, the car is located at a repair shop in Golden Valley but I should have it towed down to Prior Lake in a few days. If you would like to check it out before I have it towed, please contact me at

(763) 370-4044

Thank you for reading the listing and let me know if you have any other questions. I can also post pictures if you would like.

Chris

Last edited by tsiawdspeed; 06-11-2007 at 08:59 PM..
tsiawdspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007   #2
Midnight

Re: 1996 Talon TSI AWD for sale

still for sale or no??