MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Classifieds > Non-Mitsu for sale

Old 04-23-2011   #1
MATCHBX
Any 2 card caller.

Pinball Smash Up Champion!
FS: 85 MR2 NA Hardtop 5Spd for use as a Chump Car racer

Here is the skinny on the car:

It's an 85 N/A with 197,000 miles on the body and tranny. The engine has a little over 100,000 on it. It does run but is using some oil. I am going to be doing a compression test to see if it's in the cylinders. I don't think the cylinders are bad though, I'm thinking it's bad or poorly installed valve seals. The guy that had the engine before me was going to school for auto mechanics and rebuilt the head on it. Ever since I put the engine in it has smoked a little blue at start up. It still runs out strong so that's why I'm thinking the cylinders are fine. But I will do the test to make sure.

When I bought the car 3 years ago the fuel pump was dead and the front end had some damage. I put a new pump in, a new fuel filter, and fixed most of the front end damage. It was hit in the front corner and bent up the bumper support and the right side fender. I got a good bumper support and cover for it along with the lower valances and a right fender. I have yet to put the valances on though. I have a spare driver's side fender also. There is one more piece needed for the front end to be back to right. Where the lower control arm link bolts to the frame the mount is bent back a little. It has the front right tire pushed back about 2 inches from the original spot. It could probably just be taken off and bent back, but I was going to just replace it whenever I would find the part. It is driveable (which I have put a couple thousand miles on it like this), but when you crank the wheel all the way to the right the tire rubs on the inner fender well. Again, it's an easy fix I never got around to doing. The only other thing that I can think of off the top of my head is the fill plug for the tranny has been a pain to get out. Mainly because it is very tight in there and I've been on my back trying to do it. If you have a lift, all the above repairs would be very quick and easy to take care of.

I put brand new Tokico non-adjustables on all four corners last year. The struts on these are a cartridge style that slide inside a tube assembly. They are actually very nice as far as handling goes. I removed both swaybars (front was because the bolts broke off in the body, the rear was because it needed it gone to neutral out the car). I just did a tuneup on it. The only thing I didn't put in was a new coil.

I am thinking around the $900 range. I realize that this is more than the budget of a ChumpCar, but there are plenty of good parts that can sold off to make that budget number. Plus, there isn't alot of man hours that need to go into getting this thing ready (besides caging it and such) as there would be with a really bad junker. If that price is too high, we can do some bargaining. Some of the things on the car that I know you won't need for chump I could part out of it to make up the difference.

I'll get some pics up either tonight or tomorrow so you can see it. I'll also get a small list of spares that will go with it a little later on.

Some days you're the dog, some days you're the hydrant.

It's always the second mouse that gets the cheese....

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Superjealousfragilemisswithsexualneurosis----John Valby
MATCHBX is offline   Reply With Quote