MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > Project Talk

Old 03-06-2016   #61
Perkul8r

Drives: 91 GVR4
Re: Perkul8r's 91 Galant VR4 1055/2000

So..bringing this back from the dead...

As ya probably seen, but wont remember...I had this thing for sale back in 2011. At the time, we had just got done getting through all my son's chemo treatments, and as I was the only one working...bills were getting stacked up. So moved to get a better job and take care of the fam and the car got sold to a buddy.

Well...for the past two years I have been bugging my buddy about buying this back now that everything family and job wise has been sorted out for some time now.

He was very reluctant as he loved the car and wanted to continue working on it. But...late last year he finally said he would sell it. He has a baby on the way and wanted the car to go back to someone who would continue working on it.

So today I was able to get to town and pick it up. It dont look like much has changed on it, well, because it really hasn't lol. He has only put maybe a total of 3000 miles on it since he bought it. So it was pretty much still just like when I sold it.

I forgot what it was like to drive this car. I totally forgot about the clutch I put in, an act 2600, and forgot about the clutch engagement. I still gotta get that figured out. Seems like the clutch still engages just a little bit off the floor. So was a trick to getting used to drive it again.

But minor things will come to bring the car back to where I want it. Really just glad I was able to get this thing back and continue the work I wanted to do to it.

Edit: I know the pic links in this thread are gone. I was having issues with photobucket so saved all my pictures and closed my account. I will try to get them back up.

Old 03-07-2016   #62
C3L1CA
N17r0U$ br4D

Goosehead Racing Champion! Street Drifting Champion!
Tournaments Won: 1

Drives: bikes and a silveraydo

Nice job on getting it back! Should be a fun project, always thought the galant vr4 were cool cars!

Hope your son is doing well too!
C3L1CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016   #63
Perkul8r

Even though I do need a new turbo...I decided to take some time and install my jdm front mount on the car today. I have an ETS intake pipe set sitting here for it also, but need a few more things before I can put that on.

The setup isn't anything special, but it's def an upgrade over the stock one. Specially since when I took my stock one off, I found the outlet side to be damaged. It had to be leaking there.

Kinda nice that the jdm and usdm setups share some of the same pieces. I needed the hose that goes from the turbo elbow to the intercooler and the stock one worked fine.

Only thing I had to modify was the bumper beam. Luckily...the plasma cutter at work made it easy.

Stock little intercooler

Jdm intercooler

Cutting the bumper beam

All back together...Cant even tell I changed anything.

The outlet of the stock intercooler
Old 04-29-2016   #64
Perkul8r

Not much of an update...but been having an issue with the alternator belt squealing at times. Figured I would take some time tonight and check it out. Well, the belt was loose but I also found 2 of the screws that hold the case together coming out.

So I pulled the alternator and attempted to bolt it back together. That was a no go. The threads are stripped out so looks like its time for a new one. I am unsure how old this one is anyway.

Man I am glad it isn't raining. And it was pretty decent tonight.

Old 05-01-2016   #65
Perkul8r

Not much of an update. Picked up a new alternator yesterday for the car. Was in Bismarck so hit up the junkyard there and grabbed what I need for the abs delete. Seems as how the abs pump is not working I figured might as well just delete it. I do need to order a new brake master cylinder though, its leaking.