MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > The Parking Lot - On & Off Topic

Old 07-26-2004   #1
Alpine TSi
Banana Hammock!

Drives: Shitbox
So I just found out that whenever the swap from AT to MT was done on my car(it was done before I owned it), the alignment dowels were left out of the block and tranny. :rant: :censored:

So now that I have finally found my shifting issues, I am going to need a set of these dowels. Anyone with a dead block or tranny laying around that has these in them? They are the two hollow sleeves that slides into the blocks two lowest tranny bolt holes and they align the transmission on it. I would really like to have these as I know no good can come from them not being there. So if someone has em, drop me a line so I can get the trans back in on Wednesday.

I will also be calling around to various Satan hangouts to try and explain what I am looking for and hopefully they can help.

:headache:

1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
678/1000
Alpine TSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004   #2
Goat Blower
aka Goodbye

Asteroids Champion! Beach Squirter Champion!
Drives: Taylor Made R15
They should be press fit into the block. Check around the local boneyards for a 2.0 liter with the tranny off. They should pop off easily with a plyers. Or just call Chris at Brookdale Mitsu, he'll know what you're talking about.
2017 GMC Yukon-Current winter hooptie

Goat Blower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004   #3
520Talon

They don't stock them at the dealer, I asked last week. I ended up just pulling them from some of my extra blocks and trannys. The motor I just pulled was put together that way, the stress is hard on the barrings in both the tranny and motor. The tranny needed all new barrings, the play on the input shaft was increadable. The crankshaft barring was a little loose as well and was replaced. Motor was only matched to tranny for less than 1000 miles. How long was yours on?
520Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004   #4
Raptor
ConArtist

We have some at the shop Matt, since we have your tranny anyway, I think we can hook ya up
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004   #5
Alpine TSi
Banana Hammock!

Drives: Shitbox
Well I got a set coming from Chris at Brookdale Mitsu. 5 dollars with overnight shipping(gotta love that DSM discount).

Quote:
How long was yours on?
Probably ever since the AT conversion, maybe as much as 40K ago. But the input shaft bearing was just replaced(go figure)... :rant:

1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
678/1000
Alpine TSi is offline   Reply With Quote