MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > Project Talk

View Poll Results: Where do I go from here? (now that all of the children have grown up...)
Build the X 17 56.67%
No one wants a $60k evo with high monthly payments, get out now and buy a 9. 13 43.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-26-2010   #261
mlomker
*Resting In Peace*

Drives: 94 Plymouth Acclaim/2008 EvoX
Re: Dave's Evo X Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlo26 View Post
I am not sure if the MAP sensor has to be scaled or anything, so that might have to wait, not sure.
It does. I know that GST and a few other places know the numbers but I've never seen it publicly posted.

I bought one as well. If Shane knows the table settings then that's something you could install in two minutes while the car is on the dyno.

kracka--It's official, Lomker sucks at chicks!
mlomker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010   #262
Murlo26

Drives: 17 Honda Accord

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlomker View Post
It does. I know that GST and a few other places know the numbers but I've never seen it publicly posted.

I bought one as well. If Shane knows the table settings then that's something you could install in two minutes while the car is on the dyno.
Yea that's what I thought, figured it had to be scaled.

I will wait for the dyno.

Right now I am trying to figure out what to do about rims/tires.

Can't decide between 18x9.5 and 18x10.5 +15. My Advans are no more, had them recycled yesterday, they wouldn't put them on by law, lol. I didn't think they were that bad. So I am accelerating my plans for rims/tires. Came at a good time though, refinanced my house, no mortgage this next month

Any suggestions guys? I am planning on running the star specs in either 265 or 275/35 on the RPF1's in either gunmetal or silver haven't decided on color.

Any help would be awesome.
Murlo26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010   #263
mlomker
*Resting In Peace*

Well, the RPF1's don't come in +22 so you can't get fitment that doesn't require fender rolling. If you're going to roll anyway then you might as well go big, right? Obviously you're going to have worse tire wear from daily driving due to the additional camber that you'll have to run up front but I'm sure you knew that...

Old 03-26-2010   #264
Murlo26

^I guess I didn't know that...sigh. Maybe i should just do the 10.5's...

I guess the big thing I worry about with that is extra rotating mass, will it be that big of a difference?

The X is already a HOG.
Old 03-26-2010   #265
Matt D.
Shit Rocket Pilot

Drives: 2003 Evolution VIII
Send a message via ICQ to Matt D. Send a message via AIM to Matt D. Send a message via MSN to Matt D. Send a message via Yahoo to Matt D.

RPF1s DO come in +22, I have some. But they are 17x9... Also, RPF1s only come in silver, black, gold and chrome, so if you want a different color you'd have to get them painted.

In my opinion do whatever it takes to use the thinnest spacer in front, if you have to use a spacer at all. I have to use a 10mm spacer in front, added ARP long wheel studs and only had to roll the rear and I'm good. I know you guys have a lot more room to play with, but either way with that much tire I wouldn't think twice about rolling the fenders and just do it anyway.

03 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachyon View Post
Every minute you spend in your Evo, not in boost, is a minute of your life you'll never get back.
Matt D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010   #266
Murlo26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D. View Post
RPF1s DO come in +22, I have some. But they are 17x9... Also, RPF1s only come in silver, black, gold and chrome, so if you want a different color you'd have to get them painted.

In my opinion do whatever it takes to use the thinnest spacer in front, if you have to use a spacer at all. I have to use a 10mm spacer in front, added ARP long wheel studs and only had to roll the rear and I'm good. I know you guys have a lot more room to play with, but either way with that much tire I wouldn't think twice about rolling the fenders and just do it anyway.
Looky, new gunmetal
http://forums.evolutionm.net/evox-sa...-shipping.html

I have read to run the +15 offset, only the rear fenders need to be rolled. And then you need to do a pretty big alignment.

I guess I have two questions...it looks like I will have to roll the rears regardless so is there any disadvantage to going with 10.5's? I love the way the look, all nice and meaty, but are they too big? Is the extra rotating mass a big deal?

Secondly, where is a good place to have these mounted, installed and to do the fender rolling? Preferably someone that is a bigger shop so I can do it very soon. I don't want to burn up my expensive winter tires anymore than they already are. I might sell them soon too, to help pay for a winter beater.
Old 03-26-2010   #267
mlomker
*Resting In Peace*

The RPF1's are very light so even in a large size it shouldn't matter. I think 10.5 is overkill for 275's but if you like the look then that's fine. I was intending to put 275's on my 9.5" rims.

Yeah, you're going to have to run major camber up front. -3 or more. I've heard that running anything over 275 turns the car into a boat on a road course.

The Alignment Guy (one-person shop) and that expensive Porsche place are the only two that I've heard anything about. It's a great question because I'm going to need corner balancing and a real alignment as well. When I had my coils put on the alignment place was only willing to go -1.5 front and rear. Lame.

Last edited by mlomker; 03-26-2010 at 10:20 AM..
Old 03-26-2010   #268
Matt D.
Shit Rocket Pilot

Drives: 2003 Evolution VIII
Send a message via ICQ to Matt D. Send a message via AIM to Matt D. Send a message via MSN to Matt D. Send a message via Yahoo to Matt D.

Quote:
Looky, new gunmetal
http://forums.evolutionm.net/evox-sa...-shipping.html

I have read to run the +15 offset, only the rear fenders need to be rolled. And then you need to do a pretty big alignment.

I guess I have two questions...it looks like I will have to roll the rears regardless so is there any disadvantage to going with 10.5's? I love the way the look, all nice and meaty, but are they too big? Is the extra rotating mass a big deal?

Secondly, where is a good place to have these mounted, installed and to do the fender rolling? Preferably someone that is a bigger shop so I can do it very soon. I don't want to burn up my expensive winter tires anymore than they already are. I might sell them soon too, to help pay for a winter beater.
Well get on that. Limited edition wheels are nice to have.

A wider wheel simply allows you to properly and safely have a wider tire. I'm running 255s on my 9" wheel, the sidewalls are pretty much flush, will try 265s next. 275 would be pushing it. People run 285s on 10-10.5" wide wheels all day. Bigger wheels and tires are heavier, nothing you can do about it other than get lightweight wheels like RPF1s and lighter tires.

www.thealignmentguy.com - Look no further than Jeff, he is the man. He will align your car well and mount your tires for you for an extremely fair price. You WILL find yourself wanting to offer him more money than he asks for. Why are you going to have to run so much camber?

03 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachyon View Post
Every minute you spend in your Evo, not in boost, is a minute of your life you'll never get back.
Matt D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010   #269
Murlo26

Hmm...here is what i have been looking at, I really like the look. It's Buschurs car.

I like the way it looks and seems to work well, it is the 275/35 tires and 18x10.5's. I think that is what I am going with.

Probably with the gunmetal too, i like darker rims on red cars. What do you guys think for color? I have never seen the gunmetals on a red X or an X in general.
Old 03-26-2010   #270
Murlo26

Ok so again, lol, There is no reason not to go to the 10.5's since I am going to have to fender roll anyway?

Can jeff do fender rolling?

And I mind as well do 285's then huh?
Old 03-26-2010   #271
mlomker
*Resting In Peace*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D. View Post
Why are you going to have to run so much camber?
My understanding is that the top of the wheel has to be slanted aggressively inward to avoid hitting the fender/fender liner up front. Unless he's going to pull/roll the front as well.

Old 03-26-2010   #272
simulatedwood

Drives: 08 Evolution X

Nooo... I was going to get the gunmetals no fair !
simulatedwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010   #273
simulatedwood

I have the star specs in the standard size , these tires are very noisey, but they have crazy grip. If I were to do it again, I would jump on the Nitto NT05, Advan AD08, or Hankook RS3's. All these tires are full of Win! Star Specs really have the edge on price though.
Old 03-26-2010   #274
Murlo26

LOL, sorry man. I was thinking the matte blacks, but those gunmetals are sexy.

Probably ordering them over lunch if the vendor gets back to me.
Old 03-26-2010   #275
Murlo26

Hmmm, maybe i will do the nt-05's.

One note, my exhaust is so damn loud i doubt i could hear anything. Are the nt-05's as good? Or worth the extra money?
Old 03-26-2010   #276
mlomker
*Resting In Peace*

Quote:
Originally Posted by simulatedwood View Post
Star Specs really have the edge on price though.
I think the edge that they have is in tread life. The NT05's look really good to me but I wonder if they'd even last a Summer.

Old 03-26-2010   #277
Murlo26

Well with my setup i am sure i will be getting tires often, lol. So I will try the star specs first I guess thinking about it more. And I can't imagine hearing tires over my car.
Old 03-26-2010   #278
mlomker
*Resting In Peace*

Quote:
Are the nt-05's as good? Or worth the extra money?
They are a shaved tire so they won't last as long. The AD08 and Kuhmos get good word of mouth, along with the RE11. Lots of good tires so hard to go terribly wrong...

Old 03-26-2010   #279
simulatedwood

It is splitting hairs really at that point, I just have not heard as many complaints on noise on the nt05's as much as the star specs. I knew they were loud going in, I was more focused on the performance per dollar factor.

Can wait to see the gunmetal rfp1's, that is about the only color rim I like on silver other then black. They will look really good on red as well.
Old 03-26-2010   #280
simulatedwood

NT05 is shaved? Are you talking about the NT05r? I am pretty sure you can get the NT05 in standard tread depth.

Tags
casual mention of an evo, cold little murlo, daves sexcapades, flip flop, flip flopppp, hotdog crank polishing, manifold butthurt?, sexy time.