MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > The Parking Lot - On & Off Topic

Old 06-21-2007   #21
tpunx99GSX

Tournaments Won: 3

Drives: Lancer and Durango
Send a message via ICQ to tpunx99GSX Send a message via AIM to tpunx99GSX Send a message via MSN to tpunx99GSX Send a message via Yahoo to tpunx99GSX
Re: WHITE MAN FATHERS 16 CHILDREN (:-o) *Guitars*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ViciousGSX View Post
One thing about good guitars, they rarely ever loose their value, most go up over time. Wish we could say that about DSMs.
If a DSM was a guitar it would break strings every two days.
Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the common usage of the word "theory", which implies that something is a conjecture, hypothesis, or guess.
tpunx99GSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007   #22
1ViciousGSX
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpunx99GSX View Post
If a DSM was a guitar it would break strings every two days.
We played a show one night were during the 2nd song I broke a string, grabbed another guitar quickly to finish the song, started playing again and broke a string on that one too, same song. Grabbed my 3rd guitar and made it a few more songs in and then broke a string on that one. Had to stop the show so I could restring. Rare that it happens that way, but it did. I've played many shows with out any string breakage through several shows. I don't change my strings that often. I never go out and play with less that 3 guitars.

If you've ever seen Spinal Tap, there's plenty of shit in there that any musician can relate to.

"You don't have a clue. You couldn't get a clue during the clue mating season in a field full of horny clues if you smeared your body with clue musk and did the clue mating dance."

When she get's bitchy, SPANK THAT ASS!
(#Y#)

Last edited by 1ViciousGSX; 06-21-2007 at 05:17 PM..
1ViciousGSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007   #23
1ViciousGSX
Admin

Here's a Ibanez 7-string I just came across for anybody interested. $499 plus shipping. Looks brand new. Seller might throw in the shipping cost.

Link

"You don't have a clue. You couldn't get a clue during the clue mating season in a field full of horny clues if you smeared your body with clue musk and did the clue mating dance."

(#Y#)

Last edited by 1ViciousGSX; 06-21-2007 at 06:04 PM..
Old 07-03-2008   #24
1ViciousGSX
Admin

Re: WHITE MAN FATHERS 16 CHILDREN (:-o) * Guitars *, * NOW INCLUDES AMPS *

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ViciousGSX View Post
Now if I could only get all my amps in one place, that would make for another awesome set of pics.
Update to thread (from the dead )

Finally got some pics of them together.

For those who are into this type of stuff, enjoy . If not move along .

Starting top left and going clockwise; Soldano SLO, Bogner Uberschall, Mesa Road King, Mesa 2x12 open back cab w/c90's, Mesa 2x12 closed back w/Celestion v30's, Randall 2x12 w/Eminence's, Randall RG80ES, Hiwatt DR504, Mesa Dual Recto

Bogner Uberschall (Rev 2)
Mesa Road King (Red Crocodile Leather)

Soldano SLO (Chrome Crocodile, supposedly 1 of 5 made to commemorate Eric Clapton's induction into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame)
Mesa Dual Recto (#654, Rev F, Pre-500 trannies, Chrome Face, Black Diamond Plate)
Hiwatt DR504 (Dan Reeves era)

Current pedals (changes all the time )

Front row; Mesa amp switcher, AnalogMan Bi-Chorus w/deep switch, Fulltone OCD V4 (x2), MXR M117 Flanger, MXR Phase90, Morely Bad Horsie wah
Second row; Soldano amp switcher, Bogner amp switcher, VHT Valvulator tube signal buffer/power supply, BOSS SD-1 (stock), BOSS SD-1 (Monte Allums T808 mod w/high gain & asymetrical/symetrical doide switches), Digitech Bad Monkey
Back row; POD XTLive w/all upgrades, Mesa King Controller

I lost the pics of my Mesa Tri-axis/2:90 stage rack and Mesa 4x12 cabs. If I ever get more pics of them, I'll update this thread again.

(#Y#)
Old 07-03-2008   #25
scheides
flips McGee

Re: WHITE MAN FATHERS 16 CHILDREN (:-o) * Guitars *, * NOW INCLUDES AMPS & PEDALS*

Cool on the modded Super Overdrive. Have you ever used a Turbo Overdrive? I don't think they make them anymore, but it's what Kurt Cobain primarily used, if you like that sound. I have one, if you want to try it out (but gotta promise to give it back!).

edit: I forgot to comment on the rest of the gear. YOU SUCK! I like the mesa setup with the celestian's, I bet that is a nice nice setup.
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008   #26
1ViciousGSX
Admin

Re: WHITE MAN FATHERS 16 CHILDREN (:-o) * Guitars *, * NOW INCLUDES AMPS & PEDALS*

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheides View Post
Cool on the modded Super Overdrive. Have you ever used a Turbo Overdrive? I don't think they make them anymore, but it's what Kurt Cobain primarily used, if you like that sound. I have one, if you want to try it out (but gotta promise to give it back!).

edit: I forgot to comment on the rest of the gear. YOU SUCK! I like the mesa setup with the celestian's, I bet that is a nice nice setup.
Never tried that pedal. When it comes to overdrive/distortion pedals, I'm usually disappointed because most of them sound like buzz boxes or chain saws. I like tube overdrive for the coloration it gives, the natural compression and it's smoothness over everything else. The OCD pedals are awesome, especially version 4 (actually 1.04). When needed, I use one for a slightly overdriven crunch or slight solo boost and the second one for true high gain rhythms and over the top solos. The SD-1 stock kinda sucks in my opinion, very sterile and flat sounding, no life. I would describe the overdrive as kind of dull. The Monte Allums T808 mod fixed that in a big way. Pick up a new or used SD-1 (they sell real cheap, especially used) and spend $30 on the MA T808 mod with the 2x gain switch and asymetrical/symetrical switches. I did it myself in about 2-3 hours. You won't believe the difference it made in that pedal. Monte Allums

If you like messing with stuff, you can build your own effects pedals pretty cheaply. BYOC sells some very "top shelf" boutique pedal kits at really good prices. Their .pdf instructions are laid out very well and extremely easy to follow. I've got their phaser kit on the way. It should be fun. You can paint, powder coat, decal, and/or sticker it up yourself for a custom looking pedal.

The Bogner Uberschall is my favorite amp right now with the Soldano coming in a close 2nd.

(#Y#)
Old 07-03-2008   #27
Jakey
Asshat King

Send a message via MSN to Jakey

Are you still in Core9?

Proud to be a Cyclone

Check it out: Racers Against Street Racing
Jakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008   #28
311evo

Drives: Evo VIII and 96' Buick Park Ave
Send a message via MSN to 311evo

Nice line up! I'm a big fan of gibson and PRS myself
311evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008   #29
1ViciousGSX
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
Are you still in Core9?
No, we broke up at the end of 2005. I'm working on putting together another band right now, but finding dedicated people (who can really play) is hard to do at times.

(#Y#)
Old 07-08-2008   #30
Outlaw1
Resident Redneck

Nice gear!

Currently I play a '76 Les Paul Deluxe through a Marshall JCM 2000 with a 1960 Lead full stack. A POD XT Live is sitting here too, but I'm not really into effects. For my birthday last year a buddy of mine gave me a Dean acoustic.

During high school I took classical guitar classes and jammed with some of the local bands. Since high school I really haven't played very much at all, just randomly here and there. Christmas before last I picked up a '98 Les Paul Classic and started to work on my chops again. Unfortunately it's been a slow process. The new house I'm buying out by the lake has a theater room, so I'm planning on getting to sit down and really bury myself in guitar for a while. I plan on selling the '76 Deluxe and buying a 1960 reissue. I just can't get away from the neck and feel of a Les Paul.

Last weekend my 8 year old daughter was asking me questions about the guitars and picked them up and played her some songs. She was so amazed that I could play.

I'm glad I saw this post, I was wanting a reason to learn another song or two. The tubes are warming as I type....

10.48 @ 136.86 w/1.65 60'
Outlaw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008   #31
1ViciousGSX
Admin

It's really cool to see a Marshall stack in all it's glory. I just never really warmed up to them like some people do. How do you like it?

I've never seen anybody play a shotgun before. Is that for the heavier rhythms?

Check out the Les Paul Studio and Gary Moore editions. I really like them both.

(#Y#)