MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Turbo / Engine / Drivetrain

Old 11-29-2003   #1
Alpine TSi
Banana Hammock!

Drives: Shitbox
(It's a 92 TSi AWD with a GVR4 tranny and it used to be an auto)

With the recent demise of my clutch I have decided to just pull the motor and tranny and rebuild the motor while doing the clutch(the tranny should be pretty rock solid minus a bad input shfat bearing but will still have someone look at it).

I am basically looking to see if anyone has any suggestions with combos if certain internals and shops to do machine work. I hope to have the help of a few people I have yet to ask in doing this. I am going to take my time cause I have a second car and really just want to have it done by March/April. I hope to be getting about 5K from taxes back that most should be able to go towards parts.

I am pretty set on getting a 50 trim and am looking for a good front mount that doesn't require a whole lot of cutting to get in. I also have been looking into a GM MAF an Translator along with an AFC and hopefully a EPROM ECU with a TMO chip. I want to do it all right the first time. My ultimate goal is low 12's with this car.

I also intend on getting rid of the ABS and air conditioning while the engine is out but don't know if it is advisable or possible to get rid these.

I know I am forgetting somethings but it will be awhile before I start putting things together, I do hope to pull the motor and trans within the next two weeks here I just have to find an engine hoist and stand.

Thanks in advance.

1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
678/1000
Alpine TSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003   #2
Nash

2G pistons with 1G big rods.
Old 11-30-2003   #3
john
Business as usual

Drives: Dodge Viper and Honda Insight
AC and abs are very doable. The only hard part is finding the parts. There is one brake line from the master cylinder to the proportion valve which mitsu doesn't make any more. Also, it is hard to find a heaterbox from a non ac car. You will not have to worry until/if you move your battery to the trunk.

I would get weisco's if I were you. 2g pistons if you are on a small budget.
Old 11-30-2003   #4
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon
i used to have a link to a site who sold ross/eagle combo for 650, or wiseco/eagle for 699. but i lost all my saved sites when i formatted the HD. But definately ross or wiseco. I'm personally gunna be rebuilding the bottom end but im going the less expensive route by reusing my bigrods and gettin some 2g pistons from RRE.
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003   #5
MustGoFaster

Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion!
Drives: A big dirty V8
Send a message via ICQ to MustGoFaster Send a message via AIM to MustGoFaster Send a message via Yahoo to MustGoFaster Send a message via Skype™ to MustGoFaster
http://www.dsmchips.com/ To heck with TMO.
Old 11-30-2003   #6
Goat Blower
aka Goodbye

Asteroids Champion! Beach Squirter Champion!
Drives: Taylor Made R15
2G pistons and 1G rods.
SAFC and a 2G mas
ABS removal: just get the two front lines, the two lines from the master cylinder to the proportioning valve, and the proportioning valve from a non-ABS car, lines are already prebent and bolt right in.
AC removal: just get rid of the AC crap under the hood and put some washers in place of the AC bracket on one of the carrier bearing bolts for the driver's side axle.
2017 GMC Yukon-Current winter hooptie

Goat Blower is offline   Reply With Quote