MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Classifieds > Mitsu vehicle parts for sale

Old 06-18-2010   #1
Andrew7dg
Built it from scratch!

Drives: Currently Mitsu-less
MegaSquirt MStyle

MegaSquirt MStyle
What I would like to offer to the DSM people is an affordable Standalone system that is MAP based. MS has been around for quite some time but never has it become so easy to use. When Megasqurt was first developed, you had to be a computer programmer to use the system. Now with the aid of TunerStudio it has never been so user friendly.

The hardest part of MegaSquirt is assembling the computer and figuring out what pins to hook up to the ECU. I have done the hard work for you and offering a harness that will plug right into the stock harness and the MS system. ($70) After this you can delete the ECU (possibly selling it and making some money back!)
I should add that this is only for a 1g as the 2g is still being worked on and is only available as a patch harness meaning that the stock ecu still needs to be in place.

It is not completely Plug and Play, but still easy to hook up. (if you are able to hook up a MAF-T or a SAF-C, you should be capable if installing an MS system that I have offered)

Vacuum/Boost Line has to be run to the MS system

3 sensors need to be installed into the engine bay

AIT- air intake temperature sensor needs to be placed close to the throttle body (offering it for $25 plus pigtale)

CLT- Coolant temperature sensor- the stock sensor can be use or a GM sensor can be installed in a spare port on the thermostat elbow. (offering GM sensor $20)

*Both of these sensors can be hooked up through one of the MAS wires that runs to the ECU (will show pictures of how this is done)

WB02- Many of you will have this installed already and this can be hooked up to the MS system easily though the stock O2 wire or I can separate the signal wire from the stock harness to easily hook up to a WB

The Basic Megasquirt kit (V2.2 board with MS1 chip) starts at $240 assembled with the modifications ready to work in a 1g DSM. (Spark Map tables are loaded free of charge but VE tables need to be dialed in as every car is a little different)

V3.0 Board with MS1 Chip $330

V3.0 Board with MS2 Chip $400

There are a couple of upgrades for the MS system

Upgrades
Map Daddy (4bar or 40psi Sensor ) stock comes with a 20psi map sensor Recommended ($70)
Launch Control and NLTS- extra wiring involved (ask about price)
Nitrous control (ask about price and details)
Shift Light (Ask about price and details)
Boost control (Ask about price and details)

Sequential injection + Sequential COP drive (MS2 chip required) (Ask about price and details on coils and injectors being used.)

MS is very customizable. When I install these on people cars I ask questions on what they have on there car, what they need from a standalone ECU and custom build one to suit their needs.

Extra reading info is available at http://www.msextra.com/

*there are a couple of draw backs to using the PnP harness but some of these are already deleted by some of you on the car already
Idle air controller is not supported by the MS but one could be used from an RX-7 (on my car I am not running one at all and I just have to keep my foot on the throttle when it is a little cold out.
Not sure of AC control and how that functions without the stock ECU
Cruise control could be lost but I haven't tested this yet

Feel free to ask any questions about system. There is a lot of topics on this system and I will keep adding to this intro if there are questions.

Compare MS and ECMlink
$500 ECM link plus a Eprom ECU

MStyle system- $240 and with a simple PnP cable- still only $310

BTW- MStyle can be customized to work on a 420a Engine for 2g!
Old 09-27-2010   #2
aaronspeed

Drives: 1991 Eagle Talon AWD
Re: MegaSquirt MStyle

Sent PM about harness for 1g.
aaronspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #3
Andrew7dg
Built it from scratch!

I am adding new additions to the list and updating on developments!

I am now offering to assemble for you the new Plug and Play (PnP) system that DIYautune offers for 1g cars

2g and evo 8,9 are still in development*

What the PnP uses is the microsquirt chip in a brakeout board so it can be adapted to multiple types of veicles.

Taken from DIYautotune

Available Features / Technical Specifications
Based on MS2/E Firmware Version 3.0.3 or later

•OEM ECU Connector to plug right into the factory harness!
•Speed Density, Alpha-N and Hybrid Alpha-N (both SD and A-N algorithms hybridized) Supported•2 Ignition Inputs (for dual wheel ignitions)
•4 Spark Outputs (Up to 4 Cylinder Coil On Plug, up to 8 Cylinder Wasted Spark)
•Natively support two fuel outputs for batch or bank-to-bank fueling. Optionally upgrade to 4cyl sequential or 6/8 cyl semi-sequential with this module.
•Rotary Ignition Support
•Enhanced Acceleration Enrichment (EAE)
•Boost Control
•Knock Control
•Launch Control
•Flat Shift
•Tachometer Output
•Fully Adjustable Rev Limiter
•Table Switching
•4 General PurposeOutputs
•4 General Purpose Inputs (2 analog, 2 digital)
•Support for Flex Fuel
•Optional Realtime Baro Correction
•Closed Loop O2 Correction
•Plenty of Proto Area, add your own customizations!

Price for these are

$550 Assembled
+$40 for sequential injection
+$30 for the air intake temp sensor GM (specify if you need a steel or aluminum bung)
+$15 for tuning cable

The other development that I am proud to announce is an adapter cable to hook up directly to the stock harness

I do still offer the harness like I have in the first post but I have recived comments that they are crude and unsightly (they still work though!)

I am offering these as an alternative to my homemade harnesses that I sell. However they are a little more pricy with a tag of $150 compaired to the price of $70 of my 'homemade' harness.
*$120 if ordered with a MStyle system

The AIT and wideband still need to be added to the MS system.

Last edited by Andrew7dg; 11-15-2010 at 02:00 PM.. Reason: Always adding
Andrew7dg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #4
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon

Is the free version of Tuner Studio capable of doing everything any of us would need to do, or do you need to pay for a better version to get the full capability of this system?
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010   #5
Andrew7dg
Built it from scratch!

Tuner studio works in place of the outdated Megatune. Tunerstudio is more user friendly with slide bars and graphs.

There are two versions. The free version which still lets you tune your car

The register version has a couple more options

The main one is

VE Analyze Live

Which tunes the VE table while you drive and it works pretty well.

Website with more info

http://www.efianalytics.com/TunerStudio/

I do have the registered version on my computer and it is nice.

You can get by without it and use the free version to take control of the MS and tune it yourself. There is nothing wrong with going with the free version. It is a GREAT improvement over megatune.