MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Turbo / Engine / Drivetrain

Old 01-22-2011   #1
scheides
flips McGee

Owning a 2009+ Ralliart just got a whole lot more interesting...

...for me, the idea of owning one, that is! CBRD Speed Factory has joined a few other shops in building a nice FMIC, intake, and exhaust for the Ralliart. This is nice as they make top-quality parts, but wait till you see what else they have in store

First off, maxing out the stock turbo. Chad has shown 249whp/279wtq with their parts on pump gas, which is pretty respectable and testement to some of the parts he's chosen. They're making a ralliart-specific FMIC because apparently the bumper cover is a tish smaller than the standard evoX. Sounds like they're using the garret 3.8" core that I've grown to love from the evo8/9.

Stock turbo stuff:
http://forums.evolutionm.net/9001430-post51.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRD
CBRD EVO X Fmic
CBRD RA specific 3" Short ram Bell mouth intake
CBRD Custom Catback exhaust with 3" piping, Vband, and Quad Tips, resonator and muffler
CBRD Resonated Test pipe

Razorlab basemap, retuned by CBRD, with SST tweaks by Razorlab and Jon Drenas,.

STOCK IC pipes, Stock Inlet tube, Stock boost solenoid and pill, Stock manifold, turbo, downpipe, etc...

The highest uncorrected (non smoothed) numbers were 249whp/279 wtq at 19.5 psi...

Now here's where things get interesting!
http://forums.evolutionm.net/9005741-post79.html

They will be offering upgrades to the stock single-scroll TD04HL-15g turbo in two flavors: upgraded compressor wheel and upgraded both compressor & turbine wheels. The latter will have a target of 320whp/350wtq on their Mustang dyno, which is a nearly perfect power level for pump gas imho. I'm sure with some e85 it could see 400wtq and 350whp but I think the original target is a nice spot for the factory SST transmission.

(idk if this is the stock or upgraded turbine wheel, I know they were working out supply issues with them)

Why is this awesome? Well, if you own a ralliart, you CAN swap in an evoX turbo (and thus the BBX/BBX Lite/FP Green/Red/Black), but you also need the manifold (its twin-scroll vs single-scroll on the ralliart), intake (inlet on the x is a 3-bolt 45° neck, rallliart is more standard straight inlet), oil/coolant lines, and a mini-battery kit. With this option, you send in a stock turbo, they upgrade it and send it back (remember this is NOT FP! CBRD's turnaround time in my experience is insanely fast, like 48 hours in their facility+shipping time).

Anyways, I have been eyeing this car as something to potentially get for Anna in the next year or so, and this makes me very excited!
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotalon1g View Post
...I realized that I can't keep up my shit talking without anything to back it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JV
S2000: For those of us that know the Miata is the best car on the planet, but also want extra power and to not have to turn in our man cards.
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011   #2
MJ23FE
Levant IX

Drives: WW IX MR
Re: Owning a 2009+ Ralliart just got a whole lot more interesting...

Do it!!! How does she feel about modding her own car? CBRD FTW!

I had my 60k service performed by them, wideband installed, and my car on their dyno and I would trust them with anything.

-Jalal
Old 01-22-2011   #3
scheides
flips McGee

Anna's GLI has just the basics done to it(makes like 200whp/240wtq@DB), which is about all I would consider doing with a Ralliart for her if she got one. The turbo would be a nice twist, though AWD and a bit more power are the biggest plusses for her I think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotalon1g View Post
...I realized that I can't keep up my shit talking without anything to back it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JV
S2000: For those of us that know the Miata is the best car on the planet, but also want extra power and to not have to turn in our man cards.
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011   #4
polishmafia
Smells like cat poop

Drives: an evo's fat korean cousin

Very cool stuff!
polishmafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011   #5
awd-drifter
'2of9'

Drives: Racer Van V6

niiice. I've always pondered about getting a ralliart once their prices fall...possibly a wagon ralliart and debadge it! sleeeeeeeppuuurrrrrrr.