MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Tuning/Electrical

Old 04-17-2006   #1
stcloudgsx

Send a message via AIM to stcloudgsx Send a message via MSN to stcloudgsx
Idle troubles

I'm having some troubles with the '91 gs-t I just recently purchased. It starts and runs mostly good but once up to operating temp, it has a very lumpy idle, like it has a pretty big miss or something. When the throttle is pressed it has a slight hesitation/bog and then will rev normally. Also I can feel a sort of pulse under somewhat hard acceleration, like it will pull hard then not and pull hard and not again all in the same gear. When at idle when the engine is warm, the so called boost gauge in the dash sits near the bottom of the white arc. In my gsx it has always rested at the very bottom of the gauge. Is there a few things I can run checks on to figure this out? The car is COMPLETELY stock with supposedly a new engine but I wouldn't bet too much on it being I only bought the car for $500. It the ecu was rebuilt about 2 years ago and the tcu was replaced very recently. It has a severe knock problem, whenever I push the throttle the knock on the logger will peg at 43 and on the freeway it sits in the 20-30 range. I know the timing is at or right around 5*TDC because it I just recently set that also. It has a new knock sensor but I believe it has a loose wire because it is still throwing a knock sensor code off and on whenever it feels like it wants to I guess. Any information about this issue is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Anthony
stcloudgsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006   #2
GVR-4579

Send a message via AIM to GVR-4579
Re: Idle troubles

i would check for vaccum/boost leaks first
GVR-4579 is offline   Reply With Quote