MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > General Events

Old 06-16-2010   #121
A//// Guy

Bloody Seal Bounce Champion!
Drives: Slowly
Re: Modern Automotive Performance 2nd Annual Sport Compact Proving Grounds June 26-27

I might be coming up Saturday and staying through sunday. Just depends how the weathers lookin.
A//// Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010   #122
GsXtUrBo98

Drives: 98 GSX, 04 is300
Send a message via AIM to GsXtUrBo98
Re: Modern Automotive Performance 2nd Annual Sport Compact Proving Grounds June 26-27

Well my clutch slipped today for a 3rd gear wot.... I'm not too happy about this. Hope it will last for 1 good trip down the track.....

GSX 463awhp 363awtq on DB!
GsXtUrBo98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010   #123
scheides
flips McGee

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8klla View Post
The high speed autox will be on the road course both days (Saturday will not be timed) as they are one in the same. The standard autox (Saturday only with timing) and drifting will be in the large parking lot as it was last year.
So the regular autoX will just be in the parking lot, saturday morning, and timed, and then done? If so, can we compete in autoX saturday morning, then drag saturday afternoon?

What is the price difference for High-speed autoX vs the regular autoX? I think you need more details on delineating the differences between these two events. Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by GsXtUrBo98 View Post
Well my clutch slipped today for a 3rd gear wot.... I'm not too happy about this. Hope it will last for 1 good trip down the track.....
Are you kidding me?!?!? You have 10 days to get a new clutch, put it in, and get it broken in! Get going!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotalon1g View Post
...I realized that I can't keep up my shit talking without anything to back it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JV
S2000: For those of us that know the Miata is the best car on the planet, but also want extra power and to not have to turn in our man cards.
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010   #124
asshanson
immune from paybans

Drives: poorly
Send a message via AIM to asshanson

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheides View Post
So the regular autoX will just be in the parking lot, saturday morning, and timed, and then done? If so, can we compete in autoX saturday morning, then drag saturday afternoon?

What is the price difference for High-speed autoX vs the regular autoX? I think you need more details on delineating the differences between these two events. Please
Saturday autox is $25
Saturday open lapping on road course is $150
Sunday high speed autox on road course is $150

Autocross on Saturday ends at 1pm, so I assume you could drag that entire afternoon if you want for an additional $25.

All info obtained from first page.
asshanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010   #125
scheides
flips McGee

Good call andrew, but the high-speed autoX isn't really listed as sunday only and I don't see where that price came from (other than that it was a road-course event).

Hrm decisions now....AutoX/Drag saturday and chill and spectate sunday, or Drag Saturday and high-speed autoX on sunday....
Quote:
...I realized that I can't keep up my shit talking without anything to back it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JV
S2000: For those of us that know the Miata is the best car on the planet, but also want extra power and to not have to turn in our man cards.
Old 06-16-2010   #126
asshanson
immune from paybans

The road course is just being called High Speed AutoX because it's just one lap. Not the usual warm up, couple hot laps, and cool lap. It's really just the timed road course event for Sunday, and Saturday is just practice for the road course.
Old 06-16-2010   #127
scheides
flips McGee

Guys I'm working with MAP to try and secure us an official MitsuStyle.com spot that we can pit/park/camp in. I know some guys are headed up early (Swifty, whos going with you?) so maybe we can put you guys (gulp) in charge of trying to organize cars/tents as they come in so we could setup a nice little paddock?

Anyone else bringing girls? Anna is on the fence.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JV
Old 06-16-2010   #128
asshanson
immune from paybans

I plan on going up Friday afternoon as well. I have tons of space for camping tents, the big dyno day tents, kegs, a grill, etc. Who all has large tents? I could pick them up ahead of time if you don't have room in your small Evos, haha.
Old 06-16-2010   #129
1QUICK4
Crash Course Racing

Drives: in circles
Send a message via Yahoo to 1QUICK4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D. View Post
There is a ton of grassy areas around the paved pit areas to the side and behind the drag strip, perfect place to set up camp and work on your cars. Plus there are some buildings with cement floors that are usually always open during events
That's where we all camped last year.

Quote:
Guys I'm working with MAP to try and secure us an official MitsuStyle.com spot that we can pit/park/camp in. I know some guys are headed up early (Swifty, whos going with you?) so maybe we can put you guys (gulp) in charge of trying to organize cars/tents as they come in so we could setup a nice little paddock?

I'm bringing my ol' lady with.

I am going to cordon off a large section on the back straight Friday. (mostly grass but with some community slabs) Let me know how many people to expect and I'll try and get enough room. Last year we had a pretty good community pit.

The more people that get there Friday the better.
Old 06-16-2010   #130
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g

My wife is coming too as always. I have no clue what I am doing since i never planned on going to this event.
Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309
turbotalon1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010   #131
maperformance

Drives: EVO
Send a message via AIM to maperformance

others have chimed in, but I wanted to clarify.... on the road course event.... saturday is open lapping. you will go out in groups of 10-12 cars for 20 minutes at a time... 3, 4, 5 times. whatever time allows for.

sunday there will be open lapping in the morning, and the "high speed auto x" in the afternoon. the high speed auto x is held on the road course, but will be individual timed laps that will be used for placing. does that clarify?
maperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010   #132
4seasons69

Drives: 1992 talon tsi 1995 corolla

I'm going to try and make it up there at least for the day on saturday to drag my bike
4seasons69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010   #133
Swifty1638
Unsure resident asshole

Drives: '92 Eagle TalonTSI w/many mods
Send a message via AIM to Swifty1638

Scheides, so far it's myself, brian (towing my car if it's ready) tony, brandon, and whomever else. We could pit in the area before turn 10 (turn left once you enter main gate area) It's all mainly pavement, but there should be some grassy area further down.

I am scrounging what I can for women, but I am sorta selective, so who knows. Last thing I want is some chick bitching about how it's all cars and crap. That's sorta the point to the weekend...

Scheides if you have anything locked down, or an awning or something you'd like me to set up once we get there, we should meet up beforehand, and sort it out.
Black 1GB Mafia #1
744AWHP/526TQ-Shootout mode
639.6AWHP/452TQ-DB's dyno

I wanna go fast.
Swifty1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010   #134
Constant_Project21

Drives: E36

Quote:

Thats a pretty cool idea! lll have to look out for that.

And I'll be going with the girlfriend.
Constant_Project21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010   #135
scheides
flips McGee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QUICK4 View Post
I am going to cordon off a large section on the back straight Friday. (mostly grass but with some community slabs) Let me know how many people to expect and I'll try and get enough room. Last year we had a pretty good community pit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swifty1638 View Post
Scheides, so far it's myself, brian (towing my car if it's ready) tony, brandon, and whomever else. We could pit in the area before turn 10 (turn left once you enter main gate area) It's all mainly pavement, but there should be some

Scheides if you have anything locked down, or an awning or something you'd like me to set up once we get there, we should meet up beforehand, and sort it out.
Sounds like you two will both be up there nice and early Friday? If so please connect and figure out a good spot for us! Remember, some grass, some room for wrenching. I suppose there's no power outlets out there anywhere is there? That would be nice but kinda meh. If we could just have like a row of cars lined up on the pavement with nice wide spots so people can wrench on their cars or just park them, and then we could have like a row of open area for hanging out, then a row of tents for sleeping in, that would be awesomeness!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JV
Old 06-16-2010   #136
Swifty1638
Unsure resident asshole

we can't take over hte whole area! cars are usually in your camp site. ..tent infront of the car or such. Atleast this is the way I've always done it..
Black 1GB Mafia #1

I wanna go fast.
Old 06-16-2010   #137
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QUICK4 View Post
That's where we all camped last year.

Yeah I say we aim for that same spot as last year. A little more towards like where Kiggly was last year might be cool, but I liked our spot. We were fairly isolated, but tons of room for lots more people!

Scheides, it's just like a crappy road with grass and trees everywhere. No outlets or anything like that. Just a big grassy tree full area and you park on the grass, throw up a tent, and sit at the picnic table and start a fire. It's perfect!!!

Save me a spot Brian

And if I do make it, Katy will probably be with me.
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test

Last edited by Halon; 06-16-2010 at 09:51 PM..
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010   #138
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g

I don't think we will be staying just driving up each day in the danger ranger, so if people need stuff I'm down to help.
Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309
turbotalon1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010   #139
Swifty1638
Unsure resident asshole

there are outlets over where i said there was.. and even then, i thought there where outlets around the campground area for the trucks/trailers..
Black 1GB Mafia #1

I wanna go fast.
Old 06-16-2010   #140
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon

Here's a shitty picture of the area we were in. I never saw any outlets or anything.

2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote