MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > General Events

Old 06-15-2010   #101
tehehodi
Braaaaaaaap!

Drives: '09 Silveraydo
Send a message via AIM to tehehodi
Re: Modern Automotive Performance 2nd Annual Sport Compact Proving Grounds June 26-27

Does it cost more to go on friday?
tehehodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010   #102
santa
Boost Spike

Drives: 93 talon Automagickinda....
Send a message via AIM to santa
Re: Modern Automotive Performance 2nd Annual Sport Compact Proving Grounds June 26-27

I'll be driving the "MAP big rig" up friday! Should have 3 rather fast cars in the trialer to boot. Plus some dirt bikes I'm thinking.
Old 06-15-2010   #103
tehehodi
Braaaaaaaap!

I'm really confused with pricing, so is it $30 per person to camp and spectate for friday-sunday? do we also have to pay $10 a day for entry? If going in a group, do we need to pay that camping price for the group?
Old 06-15-2010   #104
1QUICK4
Crash Course Racing

Drives: in circles
Send a message via Yahoo to 1QUICK4

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotalon1g View Post
I won't be there I'm afraid damn National Guard drill weekend BS at camp ripley, trust me I'm not happy about this.
Just go AWOL, it's close enough to the track

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3L1CA View Post
Brian, where are you staying on Friday night?
Hopefully at the track, otherwise I have a buddy up in Brainerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehehodi View Post
Does it cost more to go on friday?
I believe I read it costs extra to Camp Friday. I want to make sure I get a prime spot and a jump om tech in the morning.
Old 06-15-2010   #105
redline

Drives: GSX

I am in, even got Friday off to boot!
redline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010   #106
sleepydsm
Kevin

Send a message via AIM to sleepydsm

Working on getting friday and sat off....
Currently on Corvette #4
sleepydsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010   #107
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g

YEah mutha fuckers, i just called in.

Sad thing is though I'm sure i will get reamed for it down the road, oh well.
Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309
turbotalon1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010   #108
v8klla

Send a message via ICQ to v8klla Send a message via AIM to v8klla

Quote:
I'm really confused with pricing, so is it $30 per person to camp and spectate for friday-sunday? do we also have to pay $10 a day for entry? If going in a group, do we need to pay that camping price for the group?
Camping is included with the $20 two day pass
E: chris@maperformance.com

We want your business! Please contact me directly for a quote or stop by the facility for a quick tour!
v8klla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010   #109
scheides
flips McGee

Guys, I am for sure going, and I think anna might come too. I'm not sure if we're gonna go up friday night or just early saturday and stay till sunday. We will DEFINITELY have to setup a MitsuStyle.com paddock. I'll have my tent, does anyone else have one they could bring? Does anyone have a grill they could bring? Coolers, food, etc let's do this!

I wanted to stay in the condos, but it sounds like they may be all full. Is the camp sight near where we could do work on cars?

*edit* I see they have a bunch of different types of camping:
http://brainerdraceway.com/drag-raci...amenities.html

Racer pit stall camping, is that what we gonna do? The thought of packing up and moving stuff all weekend sounds aweful.
Quote:
...I realized that I can't keep up my shit talking without anything to back it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JV
S2000: For those of us that know the Miata is the best car on the planet, but also want extra power and to not have to turn in our man cards.

Last edited by scheides; 06-16-2010 at 10:31 AM..
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010   #110
scheides
flips McGee

Also, I'm thinking of doing drag one day and autoX another day. Anyone else wanna split up like that, or do you guys wanna do 100% drag?
Quote:
...I realized that I can't keep up my shit talking without anything to back it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JV
S2000: For those of us that know the Miata is the best car on the planet, but also want extra power and to not have to turn in our man cards.
Old 06-16-2010   #111
ylimert01

Drives: Nissian

I will be coming up sat after work so I wont be there till 4:30pm not sure where I am going to stay yet either I do have a tent though.
ylimert01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010   #112
maperformance

Drives: EVO
Send a message via AIM to maperformance

Quote:
the $30 is only if you need a spot for a camper. Otherwise your $20 admission for the weekend (or $10/day) covers your weekends camping.

*edit* Chris beat me to it.
maperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010   #113
maperformance

Drives: EVO
Send a message via AIM to maperformance

Brainerd is beating us up over the Road Course stuff... if you have not pre-registered and plan on running the road course for either or both days please pre-register at the link:

http://www.maperformance.com/forms/pg2010/form.html

We appreciate everyone's help and support, and when we make this a big, successful event we will be able to make it better every year!!!
maperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010   #114
Swifty1638
Unsure resident asshole

Drives: '92 Eagle TalonTSI w/many mods
Send a message via AIM to Swifty1638

Drag for me..about all I can do.

As for camping, working on cars in the grass isn't tat easy. I say we camp in the put area, just bring some air mattresses. When I campedthere last year for the MCSO it wasn't that bad at all.
Black 1GB Mafia #1
744AWHP/526TQ-Shootout mode
639.6AWHP/452TQ-DB's dyno

I wanna go fast.
Swifty1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010   #115
Matt D.
Shit Rocket Pilot

Drives: 2003 Evolution VIII
Send a message via ICQ to Matt D. Send a message via AIM to Matt D. Send a message via MSN to Matt D. Send a message via Yahoo to Matt D.

There is a ton of grassy areas around the paved pit areas to the side and behind the drag strip, perfect place to set up camp and work on your cars. Plus there are some buildings with cement floors that are usually always open during events, that's where we fixed our Chump car and a bunch of dragsters came in to get out of the rain.

03 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachyon View Post
Every minute you spend in your Evo, not in boost, is a minute of your life you'll never get back.
Matt D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010   #116
tehehodi
Braaaaaaaap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D. View Post
rain.
Lets not speak of rain for this event. Hopefully it's nice out.

Thanks for clearing up the pricing map!
Old 06-16-2010   #117
scheides
flips McGee

So if the full 2.5mile road course is being used for open lapping, and the drag strip (long south end along the bleachers?), where will the high speed autoX be taking place?

MAP, do you have an updated map (even with scribbles?) of what event is happening where? And where the tech inspections and driver's meeting will be held?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JV
Old 06-16-2010   #118
v8klla

Send a message via ICQ to v8klla Send a message via AIM to v8klla

The high speed autox will be on the road course both days (Saturday will not be timed) as they are one in the same. The standard autox (Saturday only with timing) and drifting will be in the large parking lot as it was last year.
E: chris@maperformance.com

We want your business! Please contact me directly for a quote or stop by the facility for a quick tour!
v8klla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010   #119
scheides
flips McGee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swifty1638 View Post
Drag for me..about all I can do.

As for camping, working on cars in the grass isn't tat easy. I say we camp in the put area, just bring some air mattresses. When I campedthere last year for the MCSO it wasn't that bad at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D. View Post
There is a ton of grassy areas around the paved pit areas to the side and behind the drag strip, perfect place to set up camp and work on your cars. Plus there are some buildings with cement floors that are usually always open during events, that's where we fixed our Chump car and a bunch of dragsters came in to get out of the rain.

Perhaps we could find a spot that we could kinda meet halfway, camp in the grass but be literally right next to pavement for wrenching? This sounds best to me. Either way, I say we setup a big'old mitsustyle camping/pit area together?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JV
Old 06-16-2010   #120
Matt D.
Shit Rocket Pilot

Drives: 2003 Evolution VIII
Send a message via ICQ to Matt D. Send a message via AIM to Matt D. Send a message via MSN to Matt D. Send a message via Yahoo to Matt D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheides View Post
Perhaps we could find a spot that we could kinda meet halfway, camp in the grass but be literally right next to pavement for wrenching?
Exactly. Can't describe it any better than that.

03 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachyon View Post
Every minute you spend in your Evo, not in boost, is a minute of your life you'll never get back.
Matt D. is offline   Reply With Quote