Old 03-08-2007   #41
AJ
Area code 166 represent

Send a message via AIM to AJ Send a message via Yahoo to AJ
Re: AFPR Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b EEtr View Post
He doesn't have to do that, the car won't ever run
stfu and gtfo of the thread if you don't have anything worth 2 cents to contribute.
Old 03-08-2007   #42
Talon628

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMajik View Post
I have a 750cc chip w/ timing topping at 18 degrees and an SAFC1 if you want them for $150.
150, how about ill buy them if you come put them in ill pay u for your labor..lol..serious though..
Old 03-08-2007   #43
Talon628

or any one for that matter wanna earn some money, that can fix this for me, ive lost my will, and i mean im this close to being done, its not a big deal, i pay good too, like $20 bux and hour to fix it.
Old 03-08-2007   #44
Goat Blower
aka Goodbye

Asteroids Champion! Beach Squirter Champion!
Drives: Taylor Made R15

Anybody on here that knows what they're doing is not going to work for $20/hour. Suck it up, tow it to a shop that will fix it, this is obviously over your head.
2017 GMC Yukon-Current winter hooptie

Old 03-08-2007   #45
xveganxcowboyx
Wanker

Drives: 95 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TkrPerformance View Post
The worst was a kid on here that put in a safc and used duck tape on the wires to hold them to the ecu wiring after he striped the wires and he could not figure out why it did not work right.
I can one up that. When I bought my car I didn't realise that the last owner had tried to drill a large hole through the firewall. He put the drill bit straight through the large cluster of wires on the passenger side. A good portion of them were totally mangled and all touching each other. It was ugly.
Old 03-08-2007   #46
Talon628

just the wiring shit is all dont wanna do, other than that i know what im doin so bite me, and anyone that needs a few extra bux was kinda what it was aimed for not for me to go and bring it to a shop to overcharge me for it..jesus I swear to god if you have nothing good to say on this thread keep it to yourself, dont know why you feel it necessay to add your 2 cents about nothing.
Old 03-08-2007   #47
JET
Is funding Exxon.

Drives: like a bat outta hell!
Send a message via AIM to JET Send a message via Yahoo to JET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon628 View Post
other than that i know what im doin so bite me
Did this make anyone else bust out laughing??

You need to fucking pay attention though, you have already been told that you don't have to do any wiring with DSMlink. You have gotten a lot of good information even though you have been an asshole through most of this thread.

So, get DSMlink and tune the car (hopefully by a professional) of if you want it to run right now, put the 450's back in.

My motorcycle is stock and reliable, my Talon is neither!
Old 03-08-2007   #48
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g

Um, do we even have moderators on this board?
A couple of points, and good ones too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Blower View Post
Anybody on here that knows what they're doing is not going to work for $20/hour. Suck it up, tow it to a shop that will fix it, this is obviously over your head.
That is some solid advice.

2. This person thinks they know enough about cars to accuse the local shops of overcharging, some have actually lowered there rates enough where it is actually worth saving your time to let them do it and are open sundays *cough cough*.

3. While some members have been not so helpful, this member obviously doesn't want to listen to honest advice from others.

My take is listen to what some have told you, or set the car back to the way it worked and go from there. You might have fucked it enough already that you might need a shops help now.

Or if he persists to waste fellow members time because he doesn't get the answer he wants

Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309
Old 03-08-2007   #49
Swifty1638
Unsure resident asshole

Drives: '92 Eagle TalonTSI w/many mods
Send a message via AIM to Swifty1638

If you want to be an aggressive asshole, then you will end up biting yourself. People are trying to HELP YOU with YOUR shit, DISPITE the f-ed up info we are all getting from you. If nothing is helping you, it's because either A) You are not listening, or B) You are not explaining it well enough.

I worked for shops before-dealerships, and private shops. I can tell you that NO ONE wants to work for free, when they took the time to learn everything they know, and own the tools to get the job done. That's like going into an airport, and asking a pilot to fly you to spain for 50 bucks, because that's "helping them out with money". would $20 even cover the cost to drive to "STC"?

Most shops in the area don't overcharge. I find them to be quite reasonable, for the services they provide. Hell, most would be more then likely to HELP you out, by cutting some of the bill, or charging a flat rate, instead of by-the-hour, due to a certain wiring mess that may exist. You get what you pay for. If you want to be cheap, then don't expect top-notch work.

-A. Swift
Black 1GB Mafia #1
744AWHP/526TQ-Shootout mode
639.6AWHP/452TQ-DB's dyno

I wanna go fast.

Last edited by Swifty1638; 03-08-2007 at 04:44 PM.. Reason: being less asshole-ish.
Old 03-08-2007   #50
n00b EEtr

You've been a fucking douche bag in this entire thread, no one is going to help you. And you obviously DON'T know what your doing, because your car doesn't run, assclown. If you want your car to get fixed, go here.......

http://dsmstyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8

There, something usefull as well
Old 03-08-2007   #51
Talon628

number 1, name one good shop in STC one just one,not gonna happen and the car is not moving i dont have a trailer i dont have it running and there is also salt on the ground, number 2, im only an ass to ppl who give me nothin but shit, number 3, noobeeter eat shit an die you brown nosin fagget, number 4, i said bite me as a joke im not 3 so back off and i was thinkin of buying that dudes safc1 with the chip which would mean i do need some wiring, number 5, the 450cc injectors are back in i already told you that, number 6, i was gonna pay someone money not too do it for me but to make a trip and personally HELP me so that i can do it myself, not so a shop can do it and when somthin goes wrong I dont have a clue, number 7, how much more desciptive can I get I gave all the mods ive done from a shift knob to a turbo, plus I also gave you pictures of the wiring the AFPR setup and the entire engine, number 8, you already told me that dsm link is not wired I took that into concideration but would rather not spend another 500 dollers, especially if i have not figured out a reason why the AFPR is not working, Now ive done every suggestion that you have told me to try, still nothing, not many people around the stc area know much about these cars wich would be why I wanted some one to help, well i figured maybe if you saw it in person it would help me figure it out, but like you said no one does stuff for free, jesus, yah know what what ever you all team up on one person because you dont know me, well great you wonder why a new guy could be a dick except for ppl like noob who are fuckin pigeons and eat dirt from beneath your feat, talkin big and it must be cool to have so much rep on a web site,so what ever, if you met me in real life and not over a computer im sure itd be a different story. I dont need your help ne more, screw it.

Last edited by Talon628; 03-08-2007 at 09:44 PM..
Old 03-08-2007   #52
Kevin 1G Drummer

Drives: Silver '02 IS300, Blue '06 Suzuki SV1000

One thing I noticed in those pics: You're using the stock MAFwith the little filter after it, and the problems that would cause was mentioned before. But also, how well did it run before you tried doing all this considering your BOV wasn't recirced? I bet it stumbled and tried to die whenever you got off the gas. Would that assumption be correct? And how do you know that the fpr doesn't work? Have you done any kind of tests on it to prove this?
Old 03-08-2007   #53
tim

So, you have the 450s back in. Good job. Do you have spark? Did you bother to check the plugs to see if they were fouled? Do you have fuel going into the engine, not just at the FPR?

There are a lot of things that you need to check in order to be able to diagnose this.

BTW, when you do get it to run you should probably change your oil due to all the fuel you dumped in with the bigger injectors. That is if it is making it into the engine anyway.
Old 03-08-2007   #54
Talon628

spark is awsome plus there brand new i checked too to make sure but yeah there good, and no the car ran perfect before this with the stock fpr on it just was too hard to keep it from like cutting like the engine would cut out when i got on it and you could hear the turbo cuttin out like there was not enough fuel comin, kinda like you running out of gas but your full, it was different than fuel cut, it wasnt that it was like the injectors werent gettin wat they needed or were over burdend by too much and would start sputtering but when you let off it would go fine or if you just gradually started boosting it would be fine too, and since i cant get the a/f gauge hooked up i was getting scared maybe id be running lean and start blowin shit up, and figuring that maybe the injectors would work but no, but i knew that nothin bad could come from a new fpr as long as im not crankin the psi itd be fine, And the maf has never been a problem ever before. OH AND JUST TO CLEAR SOMTHIN UP I DID NOT BUY THE INJECTORS THEY WERE A TRADE...so who knows if they ever worked lol.
Old 03-08-2007   #55
Goat Blower
aka Goodbye

Asteroids Champion! Beach Squirter Champion!
Drives: Taylor Made R15

2017 GMC Yukon-Current winter hooptie

Old 03-09-2007   #56
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon

Why are people still helping this "Almost 20" year old punk little kid?

BAN

I can't find the old ban thread, but Allan check you're paypal. You have a donation.
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test

Last edited by Halon; 03-09-2007 at 07:19 AM..
Old 03-09-2007   #57
A//// Guy

Bloody Seal Bounce Champion!
Drives: Slowly

Wow that was the longest run on sentence Ive ever seen. Im liking this ban idea.

Please call a shop to fix your car...
Old 03-09-2007   #58
AJ
Area code 166 represent

Send a message via AIM to AJ Send a message via Yahoo to AJ

PM sent to fix his posting style.

Refunded money since we don't have the ban a member anymore. I'll ban him for free if he can't fix his shit.

Thr3d cliizosed cuz it hurt me eyez.
Closed Thread