MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Classifieds > Mitsu vehicles for sale

Old 05-22-2007   #1
slow4cyl

Drives: junk
Send a message via AIM to slow4cyl Send a message via MSN to slow4cyl
FS/FT Feeler? 89 Mirage Turbo /w 4G63Tswap +++++

I have an original 1989 Mirage Turbo with a JDM 4G63 swap out of a Gallant VR4. I am an honest person when it comes to dealing with people so I will let you know all the good and bad with the car right now as it sits as I am currently deployed in Iraq but would have no problem having my friend Andy do all the contacting you for me about selling the car if your interested in buying it. This is probably one of the if not the cleanest mirage you'll see in a long long time.

I just got extended in Iraq for another 3 months making it a total of 16 months in the sandbox here, so I would really like to see this car go to a good home as there aren't too many of these left out of the 1500 that were made. Especially as straight and clean as this one is.

The Good:

JDM VR4 4g63t
2.0 Turbo 5 speed tranny
Exeddy Clutch with 2100pp
Brian Crower 272/272 cams
4G67 head mated to the 4g63 block ( smaller chamber but same intake and exhaust port sizes, which bring the compression up from 7.8 to 8.2:1. (good thing)
ARP Head studs
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
FIC 650cc Injectors
FIC Fuel rail with clean (and i mean clean setup -6 AN fittings and lines)
Aeromotive A1000 Fuel pressure regulator
Palm/logger setup
Sheet metal intake manifold that is tapered to the runner closest to the timing belt for more evenly distributed airflow.
2G MAS/SAFC2 setup
Timing belt, idle tensioner, pulley, etc was redone less then 200 miles ago.
14b Turbo, ported exhaust housing, ported o2 housing
Turbo smart manual boost controller.
Front mount intercooler (not sure on dimensions, but pretty big in size)
HKS knock off style blow off valve
Mandrel bent intake piping
Car is lowered on all 4 corners (not sure on what springs, but theyre not some junk yard cut springs)
17" APR wheels with 215/45/17ZR tires

Now for the parts not installed on the car that I'm willing to throw in if you interested.

Custom made t3 exhaust manifold made especially to fit in a 4g63 swapped csm (real work of beauty, extremely thick, guaranteed not to crack) with a seperate runner for the External waste gate.

38mm Tial waste gate (which I have on hand but never got a chance to put on since im in Iraq) that comes with a 1 bar spring and a .5 bar spring

Also, I just recently ordered (as in I have a receipt and its in the mail on the way to my house as we speak) a turbonetics gt concepts t3/t4e 60-1 with a full 360* center cartridge 4" inlet,, 2.5" outlet, and anti surge compressor housing from turbochargers.com for this car specifically.

So if your interested in that setup along with the car please let me know, I have pretty much everything there you need to break the 400+ wheel horsepower with ease on pump gas reliably. I didn't cut any corners when I built this at the time I was home on vacation.

Now there is some bad stuff with the car (just like any DSM) and I will in all honesty name as much of it as I know as I don't like low balling or ripping people off ( I have an extremely heavy heart when it comes to stuff like that).

The speedo cable is broken ( swappable from and csm or dsm, extremely easy to find and replace.) simple fix imho.

The cable linkages need to be adjusted a little as the shifter sits too far back and makes shifting to 2nd feel a little odd (imho) im just a Nazi freak when it comes to detail. But it shifts fine regardless. No tranny grinds.

The wiring harness could use some freshening up, The owner before me did some weird stuff to it and I fixed it to the best of my ability to the point where I was able to get that little 14b to spin happily at 20 psi without any issues, so if a few cluttered wires doesn't bother you then you should be set. But in all honesty if you have some free time, find a clean harness (ill even take it off the price difference just because I dislike looking at messed up wiring harnesses)

The battery will have to be replaced (sitting in my driveway for about 4 months now) as well as the starter in my opinion. The started the previous owner put inside was kind of on its last leg and as I only had a week or so to visit family from Iraq on R&R leave I didn't have much time to work on the car to resolve that issue.

The car sits on 17 inch rims with 215/45/17ZR tires all around (brand new) but I realized because the car is lowered that 40 series tires were on there for a reason, as 45 series scrapes the fender well ever now and then even with the fenders rolled out.

I have the original bumper, but it was sitting off the vehicle for the time when the FMIC was getting installed and never had a chance to slap it back on.

The exhaust on the car is a stock exhaust, no cat, piping is 2 1/4" as I was planning on putting a cutout after the 3" down pipe i was going to make for the new turbo setup as to avoid asshole cops from harassing me about a loud exhaust.

Other then that car is completely sound.

In all honestly if I wasen't in the military I would never even dream of selling this car. I had one before like this before and I can vouch for one thing it is nearly impossible to find a cleaner looking mirage then this one.

Money wise, I'm looking at firmly getting 4000 for everything just because I need this out of my uncles driveway as I feel bad its taking up space over there. It doesn't bother him that its there, but I feel bad he has to park one of his cars on the side walk due to me.

SMIM with the tial and Mani

Old t3 type 20g setup on the same mani/tial (I was drunk)

slow4cyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007   #2
Matt D.
Shit Rocket Pilot

Drives: 2003 Evolution VIII
Send a message via ICQ to Matt D. Send a message via AIM to Matt D. Send a message via MSN to Matt D. Send a message via Yahoo to Matt D.
Re: FS/FT Feeler? 89 Mirage Turbo /w 4G63Tswap +++++

I will vouch for Isaac. I'd love to see this car come to MN.

03 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachyon View Post
Every minute you spend in your Evo, not in boost, is a minute of your life you'll never get back.
Matt D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007   #3
joem
Banned

Drives: 1991 Talon awd auto

What kind of trades?
Joe
joem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007   #4
slow4cyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by joem View Post
What kind of trades?
Joe
Crotch rockets, mail order wives, other cars. etc

I'm pretty open minded on trades, really looking to get cash for it but if you have something interesting or sparks my interest to trade for it feel free to post. I'm extremely open minded.
Old 05-22-2007   #5
slow4cyl

***UPDATE***

The 60-1 came in the mail today from turbonetics. As soon as Andy gets home I will have him take pictures of it and post it here for you guys along with the receipt and all.

-Isaac
Old 05-22-2007   #6
123abc
wants to be sideways...

Drives: Loud cars
Send a message via AIM to 123abc Send a message via MSN to 123abc

Would you want to trade for my 90 Laser RST, 2 amps, sub box, r/c tamiya hummer, and a 90 2.0 nt tranny?

Highly doubt it.
123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007   #7
b00stcreep21
I hate everyone

Deng, it's a friggen JDM tight colt! Bump for a cool little speedbox
Old 05-23-2007   #8
slow4cyl

In all honesty, im really looking to either get cash or think about going back to something awd or turbo rwd. I'm not in a real rush, in all honesty with this extension that just hit our unit i might be stuck here untill dec/jan timeline.
Old 05-27-2007   #9
slow4cyl

Sold...

I think the person who bought it caught a boner from what andy told me over the phone. lol
Old 05-27-2007   #10
AJ
Area code 166 represent

Send a message via AIM to AJ Send a message via Yahoo to AJ

Sell locally for you?