MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Brakes / Body / Suspension

Old 01-13-2007   #1
AJ
Area code 166 represent

Send a message via AIM to AJ Send a message via Yahoo to AJ
Winter Wheels & Tire Thread | Setup & Reviews

Post your winter setup and reviews.

We finally got winter tires on the car. We went with the Hankook W300 in 225/40/18. We where limited in the 18's due to the stock of the most popular tires being on back order for the next month. These where also the cheapest. Tires ended up being just under $660 for the tires. I'll hopefully have some results if we get some more snow to try them out on.
Old 01-13-2007   #2
Matt D.
Shit Rocket Pilot

Drives: 2003 Evolution VIII
Send a message via ICQ to Matt D. Send a message via AIM to Matt D. Send a message via MSN to Matt D. Send a message via Yahoo to Matt D.
Re: Winter Wheels & Tire Thread | Setup & Reviews

Hankook Icebear W300 mounted on the stock Evo8 wheels, paid around $660 for everything. This is my first experience with winter tires and in the little bit of snow we've had all I can say is it's amazing. No complaints yet. These were also the cheapest winter tires in my size at Discount Tire.

03 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachyon View Post
Every minute you spend in your Evo, not in boost, is a minute of your life you'll never get back.
Matt D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007   #3
Jana
Mazda Bitch

I feel better having winter tires now. At least we have another car we drive if it's crappy. Hopefully we get some snow so we can see how they handle.
Jana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007   #4
scheides
flips McGee

Continental ContiContact All season's. 235/40-17's on stock evo enkei's. Came with the evo when I bought it, and I love them. I drove through the tail of that that crappy ass storm we had a few weeks back with no issues. They are not snow tires, but they were up to the duty of trudging through several inches of snow quite well. They handle pretty good in the cold/dry and in warmer temps they really handle awesome for all-seasons.
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007   #5
tim

^^ I believe those are the same tires that come on the SVT Focus. If so, they do handle awesome on the pavement. I was impressed.

I used to have 14 inch Winterforce snow tires on the rear of the old S10. They worked great. The current DD just has all seasons but I now have 4WD to help.
tim is offline   Reply With Quote