MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Classifieds > Mitsu vehicles for sale

Old 04-06-2012   #1
Speedfreak

Drives: four tires
2001 Montero Limited For Sale

2001 Montero Limited with Sportronic 5 speed automatic transmission.

Gold exterior with Tan Leather interior. Three rows of seating, and the third row folds flat into the rear. Interior is clean(and non worn) and was detailed when I bought it a little over a year ago with 139k miles. Since then we have kept it very clean and comfortable inside. The exterior shows well and has no major blemishes. It has the usual minor blemishes here and there as any vehicle of this mileage would have. However you'd have to look close to notice anything. The car came from Oklahoma(no salt) and last winter with me was it's first(and this years minor winter had very little salt).

This is the "Limited" which means it has the 5 speed automatic, the XLS have a 4 speed automatic.

Tires are great and have a replacement warranty from Discount Tire, they have around 85% tread left, and wear evenly. The full size spare probably has 65% tread and is a good tire.

I daily drive this car, so the mileage will go up a little everyday. Speaking of, the 4wd is great. We are a Subaru family and this Montero was great in last winters heavy snow. I park this in our driveway and there are no signs of any leaks(no spots on driveway). Everything works and the A/C blows cold.

I bought the car knowing it needed some maintenance items performed(previous owner told me). This car drives great, NEEDS NOTHING, just buy and drive. Because this car came from Oklahoma, there isn't the usual rust all over everything under the car, it's very clean relatively speaking. Over the last year, I have done the following(I did everything I believed needed in order to make it reliable for another 100k miles):

- Timing belt and Water pump including thermostat.
- Coolant was flushed twice over a weeks period which ensures all new fluid.
- Front left, and front right wheel bearings.
- Front differential I replaced the fluid with Amsoil synthetic (the very best, and very expensive)
- Changed oil on time and with Amsoil. I just changed the oil two weeks ago with the 10,000 mile Amsoil synthetic, so the next change would be a long time off, just need to change the filter in around 5k miles.
- I have the Amsoil fluid for the rear differential, but have not had that swapped yet(as routine maintenance).
- There was an oil leak from the passenger side head. I found out on the Montero forums it's common. I replaced the O-ring with new and added a little oil resistant rtv on the lip of the aluminum O-ring cover.. It hasn't leaked a drop from there since.
- Front brake rotors and pads were all replaced with new parts.
- Front windshield replaced by Autolite auto glass.
- Front wipers replaced with high quality units.
- Leather was cleaned/conditioned with Lexol.

Known issues:
- The 7th speaker in the very rear of the car is blown.
- The temp gauge sometimes fluctuates around. I researched and found out it's a common issue that can be fixed by sending to Mitsubishi Motors(through the dealer) your dashboard computer board. Most people just leave it as is and don't worry about it. This is what I chose to do.

My only reason for selling is this car doesn't have a tow hitch and the tow rating isn't enough for what i want to do. I am interested in a 2001-2005 Toyota Sequoia Limited with higher miles if anyone is interested in trading plus cash from me.

2001 Montero Limited
153,xxx miles but drives like it's new.
Clean Title in hand (no lien).
Asking $5995 or best offer. I don't believe you'll find a better maintained Montero on the market. I would have no problems/questions driving this to 300k miles if it could tow my stuff. This car drives great!

Please email me at: g s x ninety one at yahoo dot com.

More pictures here: http://photobucket.com/Monteropics (BTW, I have both the headrests for the third row.)

All pics taken 4/5/12

CL ad here: http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/an...942769929.html

Last edited by Speedfreak; 04-26-2012 at 11:34 PM..
Speedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012   #2
Speedfreak

Re: 2001 Montero Limited For Sale

Lowered the price.

Very clean car, very reliable.
Old 04-15-2012   #3
Speedfreak

Lowered price, and added Discount Tire warranty info.
Old 04-20-2012   #4
Speedfreak

Lowered the price again.
Old 04-27-2012   #5
Speedfreak

And lowered the price once again.