MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Tuning/Electrical

Old 06-22-2006   #1
95talonracer
Finally Tuned...

Drives: Spyder GSX
Send a message via MSN to 95talonracer
02 gauge not reading after removal of rear 02

I removed the rear 02 sensor and unplugged it. i did that for the new wideband location. Now my readings on my narrow band are always lean and the front 02 is fine. anyone know why that is and what i can do to fix it. I read that you dont need the rear 02. thanks!!
95talonracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006   #2
1ViciousGSX
Admin

Re: 02 gauge not reading after removal of rear 02

What are you data logging wth? Are you running DSMLink or a stand alone? A stock ECU will not like a wide-band signal.

"You don't have a clue. You couldn't get a clue during the clue mating season in a field full of horny clues if you smeared your body with clue musk and did the clue mating dance."

When she get's bitchy, SPANK THAT ASS!
(#Y#)
1ViciousGSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006   #3
95talonracer
Finally Tuned...

I was told before that all you need to do is remove the stock rear 02 sensor because it just tells if your cat works or not. I am running a safc with a wideband to tune. all i did is unplug the rear 02 and left it alone. Do i have to do something to the rear instead of just removing it or not. It runs fine without it it seems but my usless narrow band sais its lean all of the time. the wideband also reads fine like it is supposed to at 14.7 around on normal driving and what should i tune it to under WOT. under idle the wideband reads low 16's. is that bad. Shoulf i just take off the downpipe and weld in a new bung closer to the turbo for the wideband and put the rear 02 back in? thanks!!
Old 06-23-2006   #4
95talonracer
Finally Tuned...

Also does anyone know the safe level to run the wideband numbers at under full throttle?
Old 06-23-2006   #5
1ViciousGSX
Admin

Are you feeding the wide-band into the stock ECU? If not, just plug the rear O2 sensor back in. A stock ECU will not look at a wide-band the same as it would a narrow-band sensor. A narrow-band sensor is more of an on-off signal where the wide-band is in real-time.

What this means is that the ECU is looking to calibrate it's low & mid LTFT fuel tables so the O2 sensor bounces over and under .5v while in closed-loop operation. A wide-band sends a signal of 1-5v based on the actual fuel mixture with no on-off.

"You don't have a clue. You couldn't get a clue during the clue mating season in a field full of horny clues if you smeared your body with clue musk and did the clue mating dance."

When she get's bitchy, SPANK THAT ASS!
(#Y#)
1ViciousGSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006   #6
95talonracer
Finally Tuned...

Ok i welded a new bung for the wideband and put my rear 02 back in but the narrow band gauge reads all lean. this prob. means that i have a frayed wire right? what is a safe wideband reading to stick with all the way up to 7000?