MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Turbo / Engine / Drivetrain

Old 10-05-2009   #41
mike55112

Drives: 04 evo
Re: turbo question

What caused the failure on marks turbo? I would really like to see if all the turbo's failing that julian has rebuilt have the same problem.
03 tb evo- current
mike55112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #42
4seasons69

Drives: 1992 talon tsi 1995 corolla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D. View Post
Yes, TKR Mark. Mark didn't make it to the dyno day because his car didn't even make it around the block without the turbo going bad. He must have forgot to put in a restrictor.
that sucks!!!!
4seasons69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #43
Matt D.
Shit Rocket Pilot

Drives: 2003 Evolution VIII
Send a message via ICQ to Matt D. Send a message via AIM to Matt D. Send a message via MSN to Matt D. Send a message via Yahoo to Matt D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike55112 View Post
What caused the failure on marks turbo? I would really like to see if all the turbo's failing that julian has rebuilt have the same problem.
No idea, I'm sure Mark is beyond livid about it. We'll just have to wait for him to calm down and post about it.

03 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachyon View Post
Every minute you spend in your Evo, not in boost, is a minute of your life you'll never get back.
Matt D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #44
jhaan_dude

Art of War Champion! Mario Tetris 3 Champion! Yeti 1 Greece Champion!
Drives: a car

mark isnt running a restrictor either, and his exhaust seal ring keeps blowing every time. when i take it apart and feeler guage the seal, its like brand new. yes i rebuilt his turbo, but i actually built his turbo out of a rediculously big diesel turbo. its a freak of nature and was never intended for a t3 setup but made it work.
jhaan_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #45
jhaan_dude

and ive talk to mark about this several times. he has not paid a dime for that turbo, parts, or machine work that i put into it. im still willing to work the problems out and not ask him for a dime until its finished completely.
Old 10-05-2009   #46
mike55112

Drives: 04 evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaan_dude View Post
mark isnt running a restrictor either, and his exhaust seal ring keeps blowing every time. when i take it apart and feeler guage the seal, its like brand new. yes i rebuilt his turbo, but i actually built his turbo out of a rediculously big diesel turbo. its a freak of nature and was never intended for a t3 setup but made it work.
Well it seems that there is something wrong with it. It really didnt work if it doesnt work on a running car for more than a block
03 tb evo- current
mike55112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #47
4seasons69

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike55112 View Post
Well it seems that there is something wrong with it. It really didnt work if it doesnt work on a running car for more than a block
it seems like there is something wrong with a lot of his turbos if they blow up so soon
Old 10-05-2009   #48
jhaan_dude

i understand that, and thats why i have not asked mark for money, and thats why im still driving out to his house and get it figured out. i dont like when stuff breaks on turbos i sell, thats why i warranty them in case something does happen. now if i cant fix it then i take other routes to make the customers satisfied. i have to rebuilt it again and this time i will be there when he runs it!
Old 10-05-2009   #49
Swifty1638
Unsure resident asshole

Drives: '92 Eagle TalonTSI w/many mods
Send a message via AIM to Swifty1638

I caled PTE after my issues earlier this summer. I was NOT running a restrictor off the turbo, and therefor it blew all my seals out. After 2 months of them sending me a brand new CHRA I got a FP red restrictor for my JB turbo, and have since had NO issues with it. Run a restrictor, made for a JB turbo, or we will be on this topic again. I know for a fact that PTE would not tell you to not run a restrictor. They ask where you get your oil feed from? or was the guy just guessing?
Black 1GB Mafia #1
744AWHP/526TQ-Shootout mode
639.6AWHP/452TQ-DB's dyno

I wanna go fast.
Swifty1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #50
jhaan_dude

i have never had a problems with ball bearing turbos or mitsu turbos i sell. its just the garrett center section t3 turbos that blow oil when being fed from a filter housing with no restrictor. garrett makes press in restrictors that are put in before the feed fitting. thats why you never see them and thats why they dont blow from pte.

i would check and make sure that the turbos that come from pte dont have pressed in restrictors,
Old 10-05-2009   #51
4seasons69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swifty1638 View Post
I caled PTE after my issues earlier this summer. I was NOT running a restrictor off the turbo, and therefor it blew all my seals out. After 2 months of them sending me a brand new CHRA I got a FP red restrictor for my JB turbo, and have since had NO issues with it. Run a restrictor, made for a JB turbo, or we will be on this topic again. I know for a fact that PTE would not tell you to not run a restrictor. They ask where you get your oil feed from? or was the guy just guessing?
I told him where I was getting my oil from the filter housing and that I don't have my balance shafts removed. I told every company I called all the info I could about my car before they answered the question and they all said given my setup and my oil pressure I should be more than fine to NOT run a restrictor and recommended that I don't