MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > General Events

Old 07-02-2010   #401
MustGoFaster

Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion!
Drives: A big dirty V8
Send a message via ICQ to MustGoFaster Send a message via AIM to MustGoFaster Send a message via Yahoo to MustGoFaster Send a message via Skype™ to MustGoFaster
Re: Modern Automotive Performance 2nd Annual Sport Compact Proving Grounds June 26-27

Quote:
Originally Posted by john View Post
Hmm... Trying to picture this in my head... Turn 7 is a slight left into turn 8 which is a slight right before the cloverleaf?? I have lost it between 7/8 as I tried taking it without stopping at all. I made 7 but lost the rear sliding off the outside of the track at 8 and did 2 complete circles before stopping. I can't remember any walls there as I slid FAR off the track. I have also spun out on the clover leaf turn as I was a little heavy on the gas pedal and did a complete cicle on the pavement before sliding off the track. Both times were in James' viper I am pretty confident the car will never roll unless I hit something while sliding.
http://www.brainerdraceway.com/image...course_505.gif

I lost it through 7. 8 is the clover leaf. The wall isn't particularly close but not much more than 2x-3X the track width away (100-200 feet?). At 60-70 MPH, 100-200 feet isn't a ton of space. I'll admit to be being optimistic at my speed for turn 7. There where a couple of things I could have done different to not be in the wall. Hind sight is 20/20. As a friend has noted I was more pissed about losing the AX event the weekend before than I was about bending my car up at BIR.

All in all I might come out of this a little bit better if I get the chassis I have my eye on right now. Hopefully everything works out. Either way, it's my own mistake, I won't say it was anything other than driver error.

Last edited by MustGoFaster; 07-02-2010 at 12:23 AM..
MustGoFaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010   #402
maperformance

Drives: EVO
Send a message via AIM to maperformance
Re: Modern Automotive Performance 2nd Annual Sport Compact Proving Grounds June 26-27

Anyone who has high resolution pictures from this weekend, I am working on putting together a Press Pack to go out to DSPort, Import Tuner, Modified etc, and need a couple of good pictures. I could get you a mention as the photographer. Please PM or email me at blake@maperformance.com with what you have.
maperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010   #403
niterydr
back in the saddle again

24 Hours Rally Champion! 3D Pacman white house edition Champion! 3D Racing - Track 2 Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! Bloody Pingu Champion! WRX Racing 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 5

Drives: 2015 Ram Quad Cab Hemi, 1999 FRC Corvette, 93 Stealth Turbo
Send a message via AIM to niterydr

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustGoFaster View Post
http://www.brainerdraceway.com/image...course_505.gif

I lost it through 7. 8 is the clover leaf. The wall isn't particularly close but not much more than 2x-3X the track width away (100-200 feet?). At 60-70 MPH, 100-200 feet isn't a ton of space. I'll admit to be being optimistic at my speed for turn 7. There where a couple of things I could have done different to not be in the wall. Hind sight is 20/20. As a friend has noted I was more pissed about losing the AX event the weekend before than I was about bending my car up at BIR.

All in all I might come out of this a little bit better if I get the chassis I have my eye on right now. Hopefully everything works out. Either way, it's my own mistake, I won't say it was anything other than driver error.
Sorry to hear about green car #2 (well #3 technically) getting banged up. Glad you weren't hurt.

DO NOT BUY ANOTHER GREEN CAR!
Old 07-03-2010   #404
1QUICK4
Crash Course Racing

Drives: in circles
Send a message via Yahoo to 1QUICK4

Quote:
Originally Posted by niterydr View Post
DO NOT BUY ANOTHER GREEN CAR!