MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Turbo / Engine / Drivetrain

Old 08-09-2005   #1
Kougar

Drives: 06 RSX
Send a message via MSN to Kougar
Need help with this fucking CLUTCH problem

First and foremost, this is on a 1987 Chrysler Conquest/Mitsu Starion. Pretty much the same set-up as a DSM in this case anyway...

Ok, so my car's been garaged for over a year due to basically the same problem. My clutch began to slip, so I replaced it with a SPEC Stage II last May. After the instal, the clutch would not disengage. So, I replaced the master and slave cylinders, and developed what seems like an air-in-the-system problem.

Here is the current problem: The clutch pedal has NO resistance about 1/2 the way down. After that, you have to actually push it. At this point, you can run it into the floor, then it pushes itself back up to the 1/2 point. From there, you need to pull it up.

OEM Brand new Slave has been bled. ALOT.

OEM Brane new Master has been bled. Quite a bit.

Metal to slave line has been replaced with an SS braided line. New copper washers to connect it to the slave.

The pedal has been adjusted many different ways. Doesn't seem to make a difference.

Almost all clutch internals are new. Clutch disk, PP, throwout bearing, pilot bearing. Fork has been reused, but a visual check shows no sign of it being bent. Plus, it worked fine with the OEM set-up.

The picture is the view of my pedal and the 2 adjusting nuts. The arrow on the left is for clutch pedal height and the one of the right is for 'clevis pin' adjustment. I've moved the pedal height nut out quite a bit, but I'm not sure if I maxed it out or not. Either way, it doesnt seem like any of my adjustments did much.

Advice?
Kougar is offline   Reply With Quote