MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Brakes / Body / Suspension

Old 11-25-2004   #21
CVD
Sten Sniper

Drives: Evo VIII RS
Send a message via AIM to CVD
In the end, it comes down to the fact that it's a sports car, not a Benz.

And Peter, yeah, your all seasons were pretty decent in the snow, but you still give up a lot compared to snow tires in the winter, and a ton compared to a good set of performance tires in the summer.
There is no tire I have ever heard of that is "good" being pushed to the limits on dry pavement that is still worth shit in the snow. ie, my old dunlops.
CVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004   #22
A//// Guy

Bloody Seal Bounce Champion!
Drives: Slowly
Yea thats true, I guess Ill admit in this case I was wrong My old tires had great mileage and they are still pretty much new. For a beater car they would be great, to bad dsms make bad (beater/not put any money into) cars...

Just didnt know the evo came with only summer tires, but they are really nice ones!.
A//// Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004   #23
EvilEvo
Well it seems so far the Graspics are winning Like I said... if it does pretty well I will be happy. I have never used winter tires or had an awd car before so I am sure I will be extremely happy with whatever I get. I just dont want to spend $500 and decide later that I should have gotten some for $600 and then buy those ones next year. Thats all. ps. Id be pissed if I had all-season tires on my car from the factory.. it would be a waste of alot of car and I would have had to already spend about $700 on tires right away just to drive it fun in the summer.
Old 11-28-2004   #24
npaulseth

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseTurbo
Thats great so for a $$30k+ car you dont even get good tires? Maybe good tires for dry and warm but it should be somewhat in the middle I would think...

So you have to spend another 400+ on good snow tires, nice.

EDIT: Seems like everyone else got the point across.

Last edited by npaulseth; 11-28-2004 at 12:05 AM..
npaulseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004   #25
A//// Guy

Bloody Seal Bounce Champion!
Drives: Slowly
What point?? Did you read the whole thread or just go to the bottom and post? If your refering to my post saying that I should edit it becuase Im wrong why would I do that?

They do make ultra high performance all seasons too... but they are quite spendy and you get something in the middle. Good dry traction but avg all season on snow. They cant make a rubber compound that is great in the snow and has good dry traction. You sacrifice a little form each.
A//// Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004   #26
Mr Raced

Tournaments Won: 6

If you want awsome winter tires get the blizzaks, i had them on my eclipse and the grip was unreal. I got a set of pirelli p4 all season tires for my evo, they have pretty good winter tread and they were only $175 for all four and they only had 500 miles on them.