MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > Project Talk

Old 12-05-2017   #1
Dark2g

Drives: 2gb gsx
Re: The Chase For 8's

This is awesome!! Car looks great and fun project. The little fuel cell up front is pretty cool. What turbo/manifold style are you going to run?
Dark2g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017   #2
MorningWood

Drives: Evo 8, 2014 Silverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark2g View Post
This is awesome!! Car looks great and fun project. The little fuel cell up front is pretty cool. What turbo/manifold style are you going to run?
Thanks! I'm keeping some of the turbo info on the DL for now. And the manifold style I'm not too sure either yet tbh. Most likely a forward facing but I'll have to see what kind of space we have to work with. Looking at it it shouldn't be an issue though
MorningWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017   #3
Mark Leasure

I was looking at the pictures in a little bit more detail. Why is the passenger floor completely removed? Did they just toss in stock struts to sell it? What other parts did they yank off it? You can shave off additional weight by putting a tubular K member in it and tubular a arms! What are your plans for the project, or next steps?
Fastest: 92 Talon AWD – 8.14 @ 171 MPH
www.maperformance.com
Mark Leasure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017   #4
MorningWood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Leasure View Post
I was looking at the pictures in a little bit more detail. Why is the passenger floor completely removed? Did they just toss in stock struts to sell it? What other parts did they yank off it? You can shave off additional weight by putting a tubular K member in it and tubular a arms! What are your plans for the project, or next steps?
The floor is in there still, That is just some sheet metal for the rear trunk area I have laying in there.

Yeah they put stock suspension on it to sell it, same with the front and rear cross members. I want to get the rest of the drivetrain in there but i'm waiting for a steering rack before I button it all up.

Then it will be off to have a manifold made and maybe some of the wiring since there isn't a single wire in there right now.

At some point this year i'll be going with a mechanical fuel pump and 4 more injectors. Than getting the front core support modified to fit with the ETS 6" intercooler I bought a month or 2 ago. I also have an AEM Infinity sitting here waiting to go in.

I'm not totally sure what to do for suspension yet, but that will be one of the last things I get put in unless I come across something I can pass up.

This year i'll be running the stock cross members and depowered rack (which is going to suck ass, but it is what it is for now) and then hopefully next year i'll be able to change a few of the other things.
Old 12-08-2017   #5
Goat Blower
aka Goodbye

Asteroids Champion! Beach Squirter Champion!
Drives: Taylor Made R15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Leasure View Post
I was looking at the pictures in a little bit more detail. Why is the passenger floor completely removed?

Weight mods.
2017 GMC Yukon-Current winter hooptie

Goat Blower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017   #6
MorningWood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Blower View Post

Weight mods.
I still laugh everytime I see that scene