MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Brakes / Body / Suspension

Old 05-05-2004   #1
Enes

Send a message via ICQ to Enes Send a message via AIM to Enes Send a message via MSN to Enes Send a message via Yahoo to Enes
Ok, i've done about 6 cars different suspension, however i haven't touched any eclipses suspensions..

Now i started off with fronts because those are harder usualy..and first i had to run into issues as usual...

well long story short, i can't remove the bottom bolt..

i removed the nut, and i am trying to pound it out and it won't go! i tried unscrewing it out, and it don't look like its going either.. i might just leave it in and take it out together with the arm and everything but its just stupidly hard.. what if i need to remove it at one point or another!!!

-E
Old 05-05-2004   #2
v8klla

Send a message via ICQ to v8klla Send a message via AIM to v8klla
did you try removing the lower ball joint nut? That should take pressure off of that point aqnd hopefully it will slide out...

Chris
E: chris@maperformance.com

We want your business! Please contact me directly for a quote or stop by the facility for a quick tour!
v8klla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004   #3
A//// Guy

Bloody Seal Bounce Champion!
Drives: Slowly
Yea you have to release the pressure so the whole wheel unit and hub isnt sitting on those bolts. Drop the Balljoint, or jack up the hub and everything a little so it take pressure off the bolt and try sliding it out.
A//// Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004   #4
Enes

Send a message via ICQ to Enes Send a message via AIM to Enes Send a message via MSN to Enes Send a message via Yahoo to Enes
guys, i have it disconected on the other side... nothing is standing on that part, the axle weight is about the only thing putting preasure on it.

-E
Old 05-05-2004   #5
JET
Is funding Exxon.

Drives: like a bat outta hell!
Send a message via AIM to JET Send a message via Yahoo to JET
BFH??

My motorcycle is stock and reliable, my Talon is neither!
JET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004   #6
Enes

a 10 lb sledge couldn't take it off.. i had to cut it, now i don't know how to remove it either.. fuker is stuck.. i think about the only/best option now is to remove the axle from the wheel and remove the freaken thing as one peace. go to junk yard and get a used new one... i'm sure a dealer would want both arms for that one..
-E
Old 05-06-2004   #7
Enes

The bolt was stuck in there so i ended up cuting the nut and the other end of the bolt so that i can remove the suspension.

the missing part of the bolt is stuck in the suspension as you saw in previous picture...

I tried to pound it out with a 10lb sledge and it would NOT budge...

-E
Old 05-06-2004   #8
fmicmatt

Tournaments Won: 6

I broke/cut 4 of those bolts in my rear susp. while putting in poly bushings.

Order the caster?/camber?/whatever alignment bolts (2ea) for the rear if stuff looks rusty. They are a specilty bolt that cannot be replaced with a regular bolt to get by for a little while........or drive home.
Don't ask me how I know.

Sawz-Alls Rock!

-Matt
Old 05-06-2004   #9
Enes

what do you mean speciality bolt? the rear bolts on the upper u arm? the ones that bolt to the frame of the car? and camber kit for the back is just a simple freaken set of washers with longer bolts.. that is all. Last time i used 5 washers on 1.6" drop on the stratus. so i assumen i should be doing 6 still on this current 1.5 drop.

-E
Old 05-06-2004   #10
Enes

Does anyone have a suspension diagram for that? i need to find out the torq specs of each bolt and maybe hopefully part numbers..

-E
Old 05-10-2004   #11
Enes

parts 15, 16, 17 come to total of $40 ... brand new.... junk yard wanted $55 for a 8 year old part!!!

-E
Old 05-10-2004   #12
fmicmatt

Sorry..........I meant the lowest rear arm, from the spindle to the body near the diff. The speciality bolts I broke are right by the diff. and have a 1.5 inch offset washer, w/degree marks, welded to the bolt for controlling TOE.
I broke them installin' poly bushings and had to drive home at 20mph due to the rear end whipping side to side.

Sorry about the confusion/spelling.-Matt
Old 05-20-2004   #13
Sticky Rice

Send a message via AIM to Sticky Rice Send a message via MSN to Sticky Rice Send a message via Yahoo to Sticky Rice
Im guessing this is just a shock & spring job? What year is the eclipse?
1993 Toyota 4Runner
Sticky Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004   #14
Enes

this was a 99 eclipse!! only seen ONE Minnesota winter!!!

-E
Old 05-27-2004   #15
AWD&Sideways

I wouldn't know what the torque specs would be on any suspension bolts, when I was doing this type of thing as my main source of income, I would just grab my 1/2" impact a remove and reinstall everything. I would just go to the dealer and get yourself a new link and a bushing if you are unable to get the rest of the bolt out and not destroy anything else. Then find some one that can press it out for you. I do have a small 20 ton press you could use, not mobile tho.

Hope this was more help then fruastration,

John