MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Tuning/Electrical

Old 08-13-2008   #1
4g63tcrazy
is Nashty

Drives: Cyborg from Japan
HELP asap! Just bought a boost controller (think I got scammed)

Ok I picked up the Turbo xs dual stage boost controller from a guy today. I asked him if it worked and everything was there that I needed and he said yes and it's the way he ran it on his car. So I get it and get home and start really looking at it and I notice the top is missing where you adjust the boost controller. Here is a pic it's supposed to have 2 tops to it.

Here is what it's supposed to look like:

Then I tried to spin the top that is still on there and doesn't move. I got some vice grips and tried to spin it but it's stuck and wont budge! Am I trying to adjust it wrong or is it really stuck and how should I try to break it free without breaking it? Also is there a way to adjust the top one somehow even though the top is off of it?

Here is a couple more pics. O and yes I do have the thing that plugs in and goes to a switch. Also I will be getting a fitting to plug up the extra hole.

WHAT ELSE AM I MISSING OR IS IT NOT USABLE?

Last edited by 4g63tcrazy; 08-13-2008 at 06:24 PM..
4g63tcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008   #2
kevbo6204

Drives: #313/1000 '92 Summit White VR4 Galant
Re: HELP asap! Just bought a boost controller (think I got scammed)

Not super sure from your photos but check to see if there is a set screw somewhere on it that locks down the knob. I know some controllers have this so the knob doesnt slowly turn do to vibration after your done adjusting.
kevbo6204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008   #3
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon

On the normal TurboXS one that my friend had, the top itself didn't turn. It looks like it might, but it doesn't. It required the use of an allen wrench.

Either way, it looks like you are completely missing the other solenoid though.
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008   #4
4g63tcrazy
is Nashty

Yeah I found a little allen bolt in the top part so I bet if I loosen that it will turn. Although I don't have the right damn size allen to loosen it! I just took it apart and my main concern is the black box (soleniod thing) where the second head is missing. I'm not sure if it's even usable cause there is no adjustment or anything cause it's missing.. I wonder if Turbo xs will just sell me the top part for it?
Old 08-13-2008   #5
4g63tcrazy
is Nashty

when taking out that little allen screw to adjust boost shouldn't it have a ball and spring in it or is this a different type off boost controller. i did email xs about getting a new soleniod.
Old 08-14-2008   #6
Hoffer00

Cantankerous Tank Champion! Fight Man Champion! Go Johnny Go Champion!
Send a message via Yahoo to Hoffer00

Just from the picture I can tell you it is missing parts. i have that model on my car. you are missing the second top. I would get you some pics but my computer blows
Hoffer00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008   #7
4g63tcrazy
is Nashty

Yeah I just got off the phone with turbo xs. I told them I was missing that part and asked if I could just purchase a new solenoid with the top adjustment but they said I couldn't cause they come assembled and pressure tested. So I'm assuming they don't even make these themselves. But anyway I messaged the guy I got it from and I told him that it's missing the parts and I would like my money back. We'll see how that goes..
Old 08-14-2008   #8
johnson

Drives: 90mitsu

i had a blitz street spec one that was missing the boost solenoid and tried buying one too. they wouldnt sell it alone either. luckily i got to the car that the boostcontroller was originally installed and the owner let me take the rest of it!

but stupid me! i left it in a shell that i junked!!!

so i think i am back to where i started so i just wont mess with those right now. just extend the vacuum tubes to inside your car with the mbc!
Old 08-14-2008   #9
4g63tcrazy
is Nashty

Yeah this ASSHOLE wont answer my calls right now so he better be workin or somthing.. He probably forgot that I drove to his house to pick up it so I know where he lives! I'm looking at buying the Dejon dual stage boost controller now. It's alot cheaper.
Old 08-14-2008   #10
johnson

Drives: 90mitsu

buying turbo stuff off a honda guy is already a red enough flag aint it? wht do they know about da turbo? of course he was usin it fine in his car, it ran like shit! haha...

but good luck on that though!
Old 08-14-2008   #11
4g63tcrazy
is Nashty

ya it was a spur of the moment buy. I wanted one and I suddenly found it that night.. But ya one of the holes is WIDE OPEN! His car had to run like absolute piss..
Old 08-19-2008   #12
4g63tcrazy
is Nashty

Ok well me and my friend came up with an amazing idea tonight. We thought, why not call the guy and tell him that we want some of his parts. In this case we told him that we wanted his intake manifold. But instead of using my phone, which he will not answer, we used my friends phone. Then we told him that we wanted to pick it up from him tonight. So he gave us a place to meet up and we agreed on it.

But then how was I supposed to know he'd have cash to give back to me? Then I thought.. Why not tell him that I only got 100 on me and ask him to bring some change. So he ended up bringing some money and this is how it went down..

We pull up and he's sitting in his car with his friends. He get's out and as soon as a step out of my truck he had a look on his face like OH SHIT! Then I walked up to him and I said, "Here's your boost controller that don't work, now give me my money back." Then he said, "Sorry man, should have told me I would have brought cash with me." (In a scared worried kinda way) Then I said bullshit you told us you brought cash. Then he walked back to his car, grabbed some cash and handed it over and I have him the boost controller back. Then he looked over and my friend and said, "Thanks for scamming me" and my friend goes, "Yeah, no problem." and I say, "Just returning the favor."

Then we got in our cars and drove away. Smooth as ice and got my money back!
Old 08-19-2008   #13
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon

nice work!
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #14
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51

That was easy enough! Post a feedback thread about this dude (screen name, what board(s) he is on, etc.) so others don't have this same issue.
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #15
Matt D.
Shit Rocket Pilot

Drives: 2003 Evolution VIII
Send a message via ICQ to Matt D. Send a message via AIM to Matt D. Send a message via MSN to Matt D. Send a message via Yahoo to Matt D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracka View Post
That was easy enough! Post a feedback thread about this dude (screen name, what board(s) he is on, etc.) so others don't have this same issue.
Werd. If it's on MNSC please post it up there.

03 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachyon View Post
Every minute you spend in your Evo, not in boost, is a minute of your life you'll never get back.
Matt D. is offline   Reply With Quote