MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Tuning/Electrical

Old 06-26-2007   #1
tpunx99GSX

Tournaments Won: 3

Drives: Lancer and Durango
Send a message via ICQ to tpunx99GSX Send a message via AIM to tpunx99GSX Send a message via MSN to tpunx99GSX Send a message via Yahoo to tpunx99GSX
Throttle Circuit Malfunction...

I switched throttle bodies to a 1G N/T throttle body and ever since then i have been getting this Throttle Circuit malfunction. It wasnt giving me this error before switching throttle bodies. I kept the throttle position sensor the same, (bolts right to the other manifold.)
On dsmlink i cannot get any TPS Volts, or Throttle position.
Any ideas what would be causing this, or can you steer me in the right direction?
I havent gotten the CEL yet for the Error since upgrading the DSMLink to V2 (just got it today) but its still showing 0 for TPSVolts and 0 for throttle position.
Also am i correct in thinking that this will affect the ECU in the respect that it will stay in closed loop because it thinks its at 0% and not WOT.
THanks
Tom
Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the common usage of the word "theory", which implies that something is a conjecture, hypothesis, or guess.
tpunx99GSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007   #2
Matt D.
Shit Rocket Pilot

Drives: 2003 Evolution VIII
Send a message via ICQ to Matt D. Send a message via AIM to Matt D. Send a message via MSN to Matt D. Send a message via Yahoo to Matt D.
Re: Throttle Circuit Malfunction...

Sounds like a bad TPS to me, or the cable/connector.

03 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachyon View Post
Every minute you spend in your Evo, not in boost, is a minute of your life you'll never get back.
Matt D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007   #3
Kevin 1G Drummer

Drives: Silver '02 IS300, Blue '06 Suzuki SV1000

"Yeah, if you could go ahead and have those TPS reports on my desk in the morning, that would be great." Hahaha Sorry, but I just had to. I agree with Matt.
Old 07-06-2007   #4
tpunx99GSX

Tournaments Won: 3

Drives: Lancer and Durango
Send a message via ICQ to tpunx99GSX Send a message via AIM to tpunx99GSX Send a message via MSN to tpunx99GSX Send a message via Yahoo to tpunx99GSX

the Throttle cable that goes into the ecu accidently got cut. Dont know when but oh well its fixed now.
Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the common usage of the word "theory", which implies that something is a conjecture, hypothesis, or guess.
tpunx99GSX is offline   Reply With Quote