MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Classifieds > Want to buy

Old 10-05-2013   #1
dogwhistle

Drives: Life's too short to drive boring cars.
Handgun Taurus TCP

Hey guys,

I looking to purchase a handgun to practice with and eventually carry when I'm able to. I am not allowed to purchase from an FFL dealer, however I am looking for somebody who owns a Taurus TCP .380 to sell it to me if they are willing. I have spoken with all local law enforcement and it is legal for me to own one (along with my other long guns), I just am restricted with ammo and not being able to carry it of course. I recently saw one at fleetfarm for $195 and I am willing to spend that or a bit more to get one. Let me know what you have or can do! Thanks!

-Adam
Old 10-05-2013   #2
AJ
Area code 166 represent

Send a message via AIM to AJ Send a message via Yahoo to AJ
Re: Handgun Taurus TCP

So do you have a P2P? I know I wouldn't sell a gun to anyone without an ID and P2P or P2C. There is liability there for the seller.
Old 10-05-2013   #3
blackawdtsi

Drives: 2G DSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
So do you have a P2P? I know I wouldn't sell a gun to anyone without an ID and P2P or P2C. There is liability there for the seller.

No there isn't. You just need to know that the purchaser isn't a felon or restricted from firearms. You're not required by law to do anything.

Having said that, this is suspicious as hell that you are restricted with ammo. Everything else just makes it sound like you're 18 and looking for a handgun. Before AJ puts his nose into other people's business again - Yes, 18 year olds can legally own handguns through private transfers. They can also own what MN has classified "assault" type weapons, even through FFLs.
blackawdtsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013   #4
dogwhistle

I cannot obtain a p2p or p2c as I am under 21 hence my limitation of buying from an FFL. However, I can provide a background check and ownership of other firearms. I understand the liability and am happy to go to a range with someone to show proper control and respect of a firearm.
Old 10-05-2013   #5
dogwhistle

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackawdtsi View Post
No there isn't. You just need to know that the purchaser isn't a felon or restricted from firearms. You're not required by law to do anything.

Having said that, this is suspicious as hell that you are restricted with ammo. Everything else just makes it sound like you're 18 and looking for a handgun. Before AJ puts his nose into other people's business again - Yes, 18 year olds can legally own handguns through private transfers. They can also own what MN has classified "assault" type weapons, even through FFLs.
I am turning 20 in a month and yes the ammunition laws apply because of the federal laws as well. Yes, gifts, and legal private sales are what allow anybody under the age of 21 and above 18 to legally own and shoot "assault style" weapons and handguns.

I am also asking here not because I can't have a family member go file their paperwork etc, I realize some people might have one at a good price due to the fact that they don't want or need one or know somebody who is in the same boat. This isn't a desperate measure, and there is a gun show in Stillwater I'll check out tomorrow as well.

Last edited by dogwhistle; 10-05-2013 at 10:23 PM..
dogwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013   #6
AJ
Area code 166 represent

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackawdtsi View Post

Before I stick my nose is some else's business? Get bent. I asked a question and stated where was general liability, and oh wait:

Minn. Stat. 609.66 Subd. 1f.

Gross misdemeanor; transferring firearm without background check. A person, other than a federally licensed firearms dealer, who transfers a pistol or semiautomatic military-style assault weapon to another without complying with the transfer requirements of section 624.7132, is guilty of a gross misdemeanor if the transferee possesses or uses the weapon within one year after the transfer in furtherance of a felony crime of violence, and if:
(1) the transferee was prohibited from possessing the weapon under section 624.713 at the time of the transfer; or
(2) it was reasonably foreseeable at the time of the transfer that the transferee was likely to use or possess the weapon in furtherance of a felony crime of violence.

So can he, sure, I never said he couldn't. I said I wouldn't sell and likely others probably wouldn't either.
Old 10-05-2013   #7
AJ
Area code 166 represent

Side note, why that gun? Why not a 9mm or .45? I have a Ruger LC9. Nice and small and a nice punch. I know others swear by a bigger 9mm with a larger magazine or a .45 for the power.
Old 10-06-2013   #8
twack
It was a auto get over it

Drives: something better then you
Send a message via AIM to twack

probably because its one of the cheaper pistols out there
twack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #9
blackawdtsi

Drives: 2G DSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
Before I stick my nose is some else's business? Get bent. I asked a question and stated where was general liability, and oh wait:

Minn. Stat. 609.66 Subd. 1f.

Gross misdemeanor; transferring firearm without background check. A person, other than a federally licensed firearms dealer, who transfers a pistol or semiautomatic military-style assault weapon to another without complying with the transfer requirements of section 624.7132, is guilty of a gross misdemeanor if the transferee possesses or uses the weapon within one year after the transfer in furtherance of a felony crime of violence, and if:
(1) the transferee was prohibited from possessing the weapon under section 624.713 at the time of the transfer; or
(2) it was reasonably foreseeable at the time of the transfer that the transferee was likely to use or possess the weapon in furtherance of a felony crime of violence.

So can he, sure, I never said he couldn't. I said I wouldn't sell and likely others probably wouldn't either.
You do know what this law means, right? Someone has to commit a felony AND either was prohibited from owning firearms or you knew he was going to use it in a felony crime prior to the sale. Furthermore, you can only be charged IF you didn't comply with 624.7132.

If you're not in business with dogwhistle, this is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. It's whoever's doing the transfer and his business. I know what you're doing. Trying to scare people away from doing business because you can't comprehend what the law is saying.

Dogwhistle, an acquaintance of mine went through buying an AR15 when he was 18 through an FFL. If you need help with purchasing an "assault" long gun through an FFL - go to Gunstop in Minnetonka.

Last edited by blackawdtsi; 10-06-2013 at 10:29 AM..
blackawdtsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #10
dogwhistle

Quote:
Originally Posted by twack View Post
probably because its one of the cheaper pistols out there
Price has nothing to do with it really. The features of size, safety mechanism, weight, and modifications are important.

I am a 145 lb 5'9" guy that doesn't have an ounce of body fat. If my intent is to daily carry in the coming years, I would appreciate something ACTUALLY concealable. I have been able to shoot damn good one handed grouping with this gun at the range with no laser either. I am comfortable with ammo availability, prices, and recoil. The capacity is higher, and the locking open of the slide on the last shot is a big deal for me.

I have been in pretty big business with Bobby and Nick and other guys on this forum for more reputability. Also, I appreciate the referral blackawdtsi, I will certainly keep that in mind for my next gun!

I don't mean to cause a stir guys, but I appreciate the wide range of feedback from this and look forward to hopefully getting this gun this week if I am still seeing any pop up on armslist etc if they don't disappear too quickly.