View Single Post
Old 01-27-2015   #337
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51
Re: Meet GheyRay: Lower, Wider, Lighter!

A month or so back I bought a stock intake manifold and had it shipped directly to MAP for their inspection and porting (if deemed necessary). Fast-forward to last week and the guys at MAP inspected the manifold and deemed porting not necessary so they shipped it back to me. This did surprise me since other companies are already offering intake manifold porting ($200-400 depending on company and level of porting) for the LT1 and claiming that gains are possible. Here are some pictures that I took. Overall, the stock manifold is a very nice design with individual radiused runners. It is plastic so it is smoother than a rough cast aluminum and more ideal in design, but there are definitely still some lips and edges that could be smoothed out, along with that PCV vacuum straw that runs directly behind the inlet. Thoughts? Theories? Ideas?

I'm currently toying with 3 ideas:
1. Selling it for ~$200 and not worrying about it.
2. Do a little self-porting with a Dremel to smooth out the lips/edges and cutting down the straw.
3. Send it to Fasterproms for their $200 service.

Weapon-X, company that ported my throttle body, offers two levels of service, Stage 1 for $349, and Stage 2 for $399, but both of which seem excessive for my setup.

BOTTOM

INLET

RUNNER

Last edited by Kracka; 01-27-2015 at 09:11 AM..
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote