View Single Post
Old 11-23-2015   #458
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51
Re: Meet GheyRay: Lower, Wider, Lighter!

Well that sucked.

I hit a wicked pothole in the construction on I-35E southbound heading into Dallas Saturday morning; the impact was BAD. Dash started going crazy with TPMS alarms and lights, pulled off at the next exit and found this tire destruction. Luckily they're run-flats so I was able to drive the car about 20 miles to my dealership and drop it off with them. The stock tires are of course back-ordered, and the nearest Chevy dealership with a set in-stock is down near Houston so the hunt for tires was on. Sunday I got in touch with an older gentleman in Arlington with a set of 2016 stock take-offs that had only 9 miles on them so I scooped them up (he had his dealership replace them with all-season before he took delivery), and will be bringing them up to the dealership later today. At the minimum, the wheel paint is scuffed but the dealership is going to have their bodyshop try buffing it out before sending it off for refinishing. Really hoping the wheels spins true and they don't find any further suspension damage upon inspection. They are also going to check the alignment and adjust if necessary.
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote