View Single Post
Old 07-09-2015   #401
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51
Re: Meet GheyRay: Lower, Wider, Lighter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracka View Post
Annoying as hell to be honest! I'm very glad it's off.

I never got retuned for the ported intake manifold since after the first test-drive I knew it would be coming off. Without proper retuning the ported intake manifolds show zero gains, so no, I did not feel any difference. I plan to eventually give the WeaponX ported intake manifold a shot since those are not supposed to have any adverse side effects, but he was taking too long and I wanted to have the car 100% for the cruise in two weeks.
My WeaponX Stage 1 ported intake manifold finally came in yesterday! It took so long because he was having trouble getting cores back from other customers, so he eventually just ordered a brand new one to get ported and have sent to me (which I will gladly accept, especially considering he didn't charge me a core charge). This one is quite a bit more expensive than the FasterProms whistler ($350 vs $150), but from initial impressions it is warranted (assuming it doesn't whistle as he claims). I was tempted to swap it on quick-like last night, but decided against it to just leave well enough alone for my 3k mile roadtrip that kicks off next week. I'll likely get it swapped on in early August to make sure it's retuned and ready for the annual Shreveport cruise later that month. I haven't taken any pictures yet, but the port work is definitely more in-depth, smoother, and more uniform. After now having both WeaponX's ported intake manifold and throttle body in my possession, I'd put their quality and attention to detail to be on the same level as MAP's work (I'm still bummed MAP wasn't interested in porting the intake manifold). I'll see if I can get some pictures tonight and post them tomorrow for visual comparison vs. the FasterProms.

Last edited by Kracka; 07-09-2015 at 07:44 AM..
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote