Drives: C8 Stingray Z51
Re: SE take two! Err, make that three!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane@DBPerformance View Post
How do I "like" this post?
Consider it liked!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlo26 View Post
Different yes, but they can be directly related for sure.

TRUE E85 is awesome, I agree its the crap that gets mixed in that is the problem. But if you buy real E85, or even C85 (c16/e85 mix) then you have some baller ass stuff.

Obviously many many people run it, especially in evos and for the amount of people that use it there are not a ton of failures, especially considering how hard people push it.

Also, I would imagine texas has a lot more consistent e85 than us MN'ers.
C85, E98, or E85 from VP Fuels, for example, is an entirely different animal than pumping it from the corner station. Those have controls and consistent quality, the corner station's E85 does not. I can assure you the ethanol that VP uses is of the utmost quality though, and the denaturant is exactly what you want and where you want it (natural gasoline from Conway, KS blended in at 2.2-2.4%)

E85 down here is a double-edged sword, on one hand we have more consistent ethanol blend percentage, but on the other hand the blendstock seems to be worse quality overall. It's this blendstock that causes injectors to get sludgy, and with unknown blendstock, it is very important to run a tank of quality premium gasoline through the system every few weeks.
Kracka is online now   Reply With Quote