View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009   #98
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51
Re: Whats new with Teh Gheyrod...

We got the Mil.Spec 65mm ported stock throttle body installed today and picked up another 2whp and roughly 10-15 ft lbs of torque depending on the pull putting me at a final 383 whp and 380 wtq on pump gas with the stock turbo. This concludes the intake manifold and throttle body testing.

We were unable to get the Skunk2 68mm billet throttle body to work since it refused to hold air, but this Mil.Spec unit is really a great piece. It feels/drives/idles just like stock so the quality of machining and assembly is definitely on par with the OEM factory. Plus it has high pressure shaft seals which are rated to 25+ psi whereas the stockers are only good until about 7 psi.

I'm sure MAP will post more info about their v1, v2, and v3 intake manifolds within a few days, but I will say my v3 is quite sexy with a semi-gloss black heat dispersant coating. The coating combined with the heat-barrier gasket and TB coolant bypass has left the manifold cool to the touch ever after multiple pulls (stock it would get hot enough to burn your hand). Flowbench testing also confirmed it flows more and the runners are more balanced compared to the stock Evo intake manifold. I'm sure I'll have pictures up tomorrow or Friday.

Last edited by Kracka; 02-11-2009 at 11:24 PM..
Kracka is online now   Reply With Quote