Old 03-25-2013   #305
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51
Re: SE take two! Err, make that three!

With Andrew's permission, here you go!

link to larger version: http://www.dsmstyle.com/photopost/data/547/IMAG0297.jpg
453whp/390wtq @ 27.7 psig

Keep in mind that this engine is still tight with only 115 miles on it when it was dropped off for tuning. We were battling boost leak and couplers popping off all day with a poor fitting LICP and by the end of the day the fuel pump and fuel were beginning to over-heat so we called it a day. Once the engine gets a few more miles on it to loosen up and a properly fitting LICP is installed it will be back on the dyno for a few final runs and adjustments (April 13th, the weekend before the cruise). I expect the end results to sit somewhere closer to the 470whp range once it's able to take a touch more boost and timing, and probably rev out a bit further. It is tuned on Tephra V7 with multiple fail-safes and 91-octane map-switching setup, along with gear based direct boost control. The EF4 has MAP's "25 psig" HP WGA, but I have it just barely pre-tensioned so WGA pressure sits around 17-19 psig, with his 91-octane "safe" map sitting in the low-20's. If a high knock count is ever observed boost will immediately drop to spring pressure. I do love that rock solid boost curve!

Last edited by Kracka; 03-25-2013 at 08:15 AM..
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote