PDA

View Full Version : Classified Rule Change Vote

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

AJ
01-05-2006, 08:09 AM
Currently you can't post up a new thread in ANY of the Classified thread until you hit the 50 post mark and your status is updated.

Should this be left as is for both the for sale and the wanted sections or should I at least allow those looking for parts the ability to post up a wanted add right off the bat?

This will be decided by membership voting.

**Your Vote will be made public in this poll so that I can also gasp where more senior members voted. I'm sorry but 20 new person votes may just be over turned by 5 of the more senior member votes.**

scheides
01-05-2006, 08:25 AM
Man, tough call. It seems like there are new guys that come in here from time-to-time that are just trying to get that beat-up $500 dsm they just got running, and then we oust them for not having enough posts. I voted for the change, but I think it should be moderated. Any stupid want ads should be nixx'd with a quickness--at least hold them to being clear about what they want, what specifically it's for, etc. Just my $.02

JET
01-05-2006, 08:37 AM
Maybe bump want ads down to 25?

TheBlizzard
01-05-2006, 08:48 AM
I say keep it the way it is. This structure has worked for awhile and I don't see any good things coming out of lowering the post count or getting rid of it all together. If you get rid of it all together then we will be flooded with people just selling shit.

If anything is done I would go with the 25 post thing.

AJ
01-05-2006, 09:26 AM
I say keep it the way it is. This structure has worked for awhile and I don't see any good things coming out of lowering the post count or getting rid of it all together. If you get rid of it all together then we will be flooded with people just selling shit.

If anything is done I would go with the 25 post thing.
I wouldn't change the rules for selling. That shit is set in stone. I would just change requirements for those lookig to buy something specific. Moderation would be firm and those abusing to sell items in a "sneaky" way would be dealt with.

niterydr
01-05-2006, 09:47 AM
I voted not to change. However, if they want to buy something and you feel the need to change it, 25 would be great. I believe the rules were first established to achieve an active board, not a for sale board :).

blageo23
01-05-2006, 09:52 AM
Id say 25 too. Maybe you should change the poll and add a "change to 25". I mean its a DSM site. EVERYONE needs to buy stuff for thier borken DSM ;)
Mike

CarPsyco84
01-05-2006, 10:23 AM
If more ppl are allowed to post wanted ads, we can get rid of more of our crap that we have laying around which equals more money in our pockets=more dsm parts.... my $.02

Kevin90GSX
01-05-2006, 10:50 AM
If more ppl are allowed to post wanted ads, we can get rid of more of our crap that we have laying around which equals more money in our pockets=more dsm parts.... my $.02
That is what Im saying. Most of us are looking for quick cash when it comes to parts we have kicking around. I personally change setups often and like to unload parts and use that money to buy more.

93sc
01-05-2006, 11:22 AM
I could see changing the rules about posting in the Wanted section, but would there be an option to keep teh ability to start a thread in the for sale section to 50 but to allow people with a lower post count to respond in a For Sale thread? I have used PM's, but I got lucky in the fact that the person I wanted to talk to actually checked them. On other boards I have run into the promblem of people not checking their PM's. Otherwise I think you guys have a good system going.